Official Website | Est. 1984
Be the first to review
Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology company that designs, develops, manufactures, and markets personal computers, tablets, smartphones, and servers, etc. It is the world's largest personal computer vendor by unit sales.
Founded in 1984 in China, Lenovo was incorporated in Hong Kong in 1988. In 2005, Lenovo acquired IBM's personal computer business and IBM's Intel-based server business a decade later in 2014. In the last decade, Lenovo entered the smartphone market and quickly became one of the largest vendor in China.
Over the years, Lenovo has continually leveraged M&A in its global expansion, besides its acquisition of IBM's PC business. The most notable is the acquisition of Motorola in 2014.
Lenovo's product lineup is complex. In particular, its over 100 computing models marketed concurrently may be confusing:
- ThinkPad & ThinkCenter: business-oriented laptop and desktop computers originally manufactured by IBM
- ThinkServer: servers developed under agreement with IBM aimed at small businesses
- ThinkStation: workstations launched in 2008, unrelated to IBM
- ThinkVision: premium monitors originallyed manufactured by IBM
- IdeaPad & IdeaCentre: laptop & desktop computers
- Yoga: 2-in-1 (Yoga C) or ultra-thin (Yoga S) laptop computers
No review has been published yet.