Samsung Q90T Review Rundown
Samsung Electronics | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Samsung Q90T is Samsung's flagship TV for their 2020 lineup of 4K QLED TVs. For a more affordable alternative, Samsung also offers the Q80T, which has less sophisticated full-array LED backlighting but is otherwise the same. For bright, impactful HDR in even the brightest living rooms, Samsung's 4K flagship is the clear winner.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Q90T may not appear to be as advanced as last year's 4K flagship, but it is still a remarkable TV. Samsung's local dimming processor seems to work even better than it did last year, fewer zones or not. Compared to Android TV — which is used by Sony, Tizen feels a bit more customized but less friendly to voice control.
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Q95T is the top of the line Samsung 4K QLED TV for 2020. It has a VA-type LCD LED-lit panel with a 4K/UHD (3,840 x 2,160) resolution and uses quantum dot technology to achieve a higher brightness than standard LCD TVs. The 55in model has 120 local dimming zones laid out on a 15x8 grid. It runs the latest iteration of Samsung's Tizen OS-based smart platform.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Q90T is Samsung's flagship TV for their 2020 lineup of 4k QLED TVs. Since Samsung has shifted their lineup, this is a replacement of the Samsung Q80/Q80R QLED. On top of having a fast response time and low input lag, this TV can deliver a great HDR experience. It has Samsung's 'Ultra Viewing Angle' layer, which greatly improves viewing angles at the expense of a lower contrast ratio.
Reviewers from Techhive have found the following[***]:
The Q90T supports Samsung's own Bixby digital assistant, plus the two you might actually use: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Software features include ambient mode, which allows you to display a digital photo that matches the wall behind the TV. The Samsung Smart Hub user interface remains attractive, as well as very easy to use.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Q90T is part of the Samsung 2020 TV catalog and sits at the top of the manufacturer's 4K QLED lineup. It's built to be a bright TV – especially if you're using it in the Dynamic picture setting where it can hit over 2,000 nits of peak brightness. You'll need to tweak the settings to find the perfect balance between brightness, color accuracy and contrast, but when you do it really shines.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Samsung QE55Q90T sits beneath the flagship Q95T in Samsung's 4K QLED TV range. It has a 3840 x 2160 resolution, giving it a chance of offering good bright/dark contrast control and detail levels. Samsung has incorporated some of the deeply impressive AI and machine-learning algorithms first seen on its QE75Q950TS 8K behemoth.
Reviewers from Whathifi have found the following[***]:
The Q90T shares the top pedestal of Samsung's 2020 4K TV range with the Q95T. We love the One Connect system and the metal remote is nice, but if sacrificing them gets you the same performance for £200 less, we'd take that deal. Samsung appears determined to stick with its rival HDR10+ format, despite Dolby Vision being far more prevalent and generally better implemented. There's no physical headphone connection – Samsung expects you to use Bluetooth.
- 1. ^ Samsung Q90T 4K HDR QLED TV review: Mostly exceptional. Digitaltrends. 26 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Samsung Q95T/Q90T (QE55Q95T) review: The best 4K QLED gaming TV. Expertreviews. 22 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Samsung Q90/Q90T QLED TV Review. Rtings. 12 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Samsung Q90T 4K UHD TV review: Samsung tweaks an already great smart TV. Techhive. 12 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Samsung Q90T QLED TV review. Techradar. 14 September 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Samsung QE55Q90T Review. Trustedreviews. 29 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 7. ^ Samsung QE55Q90T review. Whathifi. 11 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.