Razer Basilisk Ultimate Review Rundown
Razer's latest premium wireless gaming mouse, the Basilisk Ultimate, pushes gaming mice to a new standard with smarter internal and external features. The mouse has 11 buttons including the L/R wheel tilt, and all of them can be reprogrammed with the companion software.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The Basilisk Ultimate is Razer's latest premium wireless gaming mouse. It sports a slick, black shell dazzled with Razer's Chroma RGB lighting. Like the Razer Viper Ultimate, the mouse comes with a Razer Chroma mouse-charging dock. It's rated to last 100 hours on a charge with the lighting disabled.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
Razer's Basilisk mouse line is known for having a button where the tip of your thumb rests. The mouse's core look and feel remain mostly unchanged from the original. Internally, the mouse has had a few technical upgrades. The click panels in the Basilisk Ultimate now use Razer's new optical mouse switches.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Razer Basilisk Ultimate is a great gaming mouse for FPS games. While it doesn't have as many buttons as dedicated MMO mice, it has three additional buttons which, along with every other button, can be reprogrammed within Razer's software. While the Basilisk is a wired-only mouse, the Ultimate can be used wired or wireless and it has incredibly low click latency either way. The mouse wheel is quite decent and has a L/R tilt, which is nice.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Razer Basilisk Ultimate is a premium wireless mouse that sits in a price bracket considerably higher than that of our top picks for the best gaming mice list. At 107 grams, it's weighty enough to feel substantial, but not too heavy you'd worry about dropping it. It has a whopping 14 brilliant RGB lighting zones, complete with neat effects you can control via the Chroma Studio module. Alongside all its other features, you're definitely getting your money's worth, if you can spare it.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Razer Basilisk Ultimate is one of the most expensive wireless gaming mice on the market. The mouse has a full RGB color palette, a sleek charging dock and a few handy bells and whistles. The Razer Synapse software is easily the most inconsistent software available from a major gaming manufacturer.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
Razer is taking direct aim at the best gaming mice, including our wireless favorite, the Logitech G502 Lightspeed. The Basilisk Ultimate is very comfortable to hold, lending itself well to palm or claw grips. The mouse buttons were definitely responsive but lacked some of the satisfying tactile feel of buttons backed by mechanical switches.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Razer Basilisk Ultimate is Razer's newest flagship wireless mouse, ditching the ties for more electronic freedom. With an RRP of £169.99, the latest addition to Razer's family of mice is by no means cheap – and being designed to compete with the likes of the Logitech G502 means it has to pack a punch. Within Synapse, there are 11 programmable buttons allowing you to customise until your heart's content. The mouse's backlighting, even on its own, looks fantastic.
- 1. ^ Razer Basilisk Ultimate Review. Laptopmag. 06 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Razer Basilisk Ultimate Review. Pcmag. 02 December 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Razer Basilisk Ultimate Mouse Review. Rtings. 20 January 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Razer Basilisk Ultimate review. Techradar. 15 January 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Razer Basilisk Ultimate Review. Tomsguide. 06 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Razer Basilisk Ultimate Gaming Mouse Review: Stealthy Wireless Assassin. Tomshardware. 06 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 7. ^ Razer Basilisk Ultimate Mouse Review. Trustedreviews. 22 November 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.