Sony 20 f/1.8 G Lens SEL20F18G Review Rundown
The Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G is an excellent choice for photographers who want a prime that's decidedly wide angle. The lens is excellent for astrophotography, landscapes, and any other shot that needs a wide perspective. It's part of Sony's G series, a step below its highest-end G Master lenses.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G is the widest full-frame E-mount prime lens yet. It is designed to capture more of the scene, offering a 94-degree angle of view. Sharpness was excellent at the center, even wide open, and helped show what the A7R IV can do.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Sony FE 20mm F1.8 G adds a bright, wide-angle prime lens to the E-mount full-frame mirrorless system. It's a well-made lens that focuses quickly and silently. The Tamron 20mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2 delivers sharp images for $349.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G is the latest addition to the company's FE line of lenses. The lens is designed with portability in mind, with diminutive proportions of 84.7 x 73.5mm and a weight of just 373g. It's incredibly compact, and balances perfectly with Sony A7- and A9-series cameras, as well as A6000-series APS-C bodies. The manual aperture ring has three settings to suit all photographers and videographers.
- 1. ^ Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G lens review: A superb landscape lens. Digitaltrends. 29 March 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Sony FE 20mm F1.8 G Review. Pcmag. 25 February 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G review. Techradar. 25 February 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.