Alienware AW3821DW Review Rundown
The Dell Alienware AW3821DW is a good overall monitor. It is Dell's only 38 inch option in their Alienware lineup. Its ultra-wide 3840x1600 resolution delivers an immersive gaming experience. Even though it displays a wide color gamut for HDR content, however, it has a low contrast ratio and a terrible local dimming feature.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The Alienware 38 Curved Gaming Monitor boasts a 37.5-inch, 3840 x 1600 display with a 144Hz refresh rate and a 1-millisecond response time. At 26.7 pounds and 35.2 inches x 11.6 inches x 17.7 to 22.8 inches, the monitor doesn't take up a lot of vertical space, but it's certainly space-consuming when it comes to its width. Unlike some monitors that turn 90 degrees to give you easy access to the ports, the Alienware doesn't move around.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The Dell Alienware AW3821DW is a good overall monitor. It's Dell's only 38 inch option in their Alienware lineup. It has a high 3840x1600 resolution to deliver an immersive gaming experience. Even though it displays a wide color gamut for HDR content, it has a low contrast ratio and a terrible local dimming feature.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
Alienware AW3821DW has a 144 Hz refresh rate, 3840 x 1600 resolution, plus 10-bit DCI-P3 color. It has a variable backlight feature that works by modulating the edge array in vertical zones. The OSD has many customization options for changing the color and effect of the RGB color.
- 1. ^ Alienware 38 AW3821DW gaming monitor review. Laptopmag. 2021-05-29. Retrieved 2021-06-01.
- 2. ^ Dell Alienware AW3821DW Monitor Review. Rtings. 2021-02-03. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Alienware AW3821DW Review: Smooth, Curved, Slick Ultrawide . Tomshardware. 2021-04-16. Retrieved 2021-04-17.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.