Apple iPad Air 4 Review Rundown
The iPad Air 4 is the best value among Apple's iPad lineup. It uses the Wi-Fi and 4G chipsets from the iPad Pro line, which have significantly better performance than the one found in the base iPad. With its hard metal frame, the iPad Air looks and feels like an iPad Pro rather than the traditional rounded iPad.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The new iPad Air (4th gen) looks like a perfect Goldilocks iPad. Compared to the base iPad, it has dramatically better specs, a completely new design, and a much better display. It's $200 cheaper than the 11-inch iPad Pro, but looks and feels nearly identical.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Apple iPad Air (2020) was the Californian firm's first product to be introduced with the new A14 Bionic. The display of the iPad Air 2020 grows slightly compared to its predecessor (10.5-inches) and now reaches 10.9-inches (27.69 cm) The iPad also features the True-Tone feature, in which the brightness of the display is controlled via the ambient light sensor.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The $599 iPad Air offers so much more than the $329 base iPad that it's worth taking the step up if you can afford it. The Air fits a 10.9-inch, 2,360-by-1,640 screen into the same body size as the 10.2-inch iPad. The top and bottom of the tablet have powerful stereo speakers, which give real, two-channel stereo sound.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
The 2020 iPad Air's display is arguably the most perfect size – 10.9 inches – not too small, yet not unwieldy. It's also a P3 wide color display that has True Tone support, the latter being a feature that makes the screen adjust to your surroundings' lighting. The iPad Air has a single 12-megapixel camera on the back, which can shoot video at up to 4K resolution.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The $599 Apple iPad Air (2020) sees Apple finding a new pricing tier between the $329 10.2-inch iPad and the $799 iPad Pro. The iPad Air 4 feels most like a merger of the iPad and iPad Pro when it comes to the Touch ID fingerprint scanning power button. Amazon has the best sale, bringing the iPad Air 2020 to $549!
- 1. ^ Apple iPad Air (2020) review: The iPad Pro for everyone else. Digitaltrends. 04 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Apple iPad Air 4 (2020) Review - The Air Tablet moves closer to the Pro model. Notebookcheck. 18 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Apple iPad Air (2020) Review. Pcmag. 27 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Apple iPad Air (2020) Review. Phonearena. 27 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Apple iPad Air (2020) review: The best tablet for most people. Tomsguide. 18 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.