Huawei Mate 20 X 5G Review Rundown
Huawei Technologies | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G is available in China and the U.K. starting July 26. It's the first 5G phone Huawei has released. It features a large 7.2" OLED display, long battery life, and a broad range of connectivity options.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
Using the Mate 20 X 5G in Monaco is like living in the near future. Almost everywhere I went, the phone showed and connected to a stable 5G signal, and often returned speeds that would put the Millennium Falcon to shame. It's the first Huawei phone to be sold with the Balong 5000 5G modem, which works in conjunction with the Kirin 980 processor and supported by 8GB of RAM.
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G will launch in the UK on 26 July. We've also been told that the handset will be available "in the coming weeks" The handset has shown up on Carphone Warehouse but isn't available to purchase at the time of writing. Early indications are that the phone will cost £999 when it is released in June.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G is the first 5G smartphone from Huawei. It has a 7.2-inch display, heavy at 233 grams, and not particularly thin. With Huawei's Balong-5000 modem and the corresponding antennas, the smartphone will zoom faster than any other - at least if the corresponding network and 5G tariff are available.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G is a big-screened 5G phone with plenty of power and a great triple camera setup. It also features an extra 2GB of RAM as standard, and, of course, 5G data speeds. However, in the UK, the hardest thing to stomach about the phone is its price. Available for £999 (around $1,240 / AU$1,830)
- 1. ^ Huawei Mate 20 X 5G hands-on review. Digitaltrends. 25 July 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Huawei Mate 20 X 5G release date revealed. Expertreviews. 26 July 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Mate 20 X 5G review: Huawei gets a head start. Nextpit. 06 July 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Huawei Mate 20 X 5G review. Techradar. 01 October 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.