Samsung Galaxy A72 Review Rundown
Samsung Electronics | Published on 11 May 2021 | Last Edited on 22 May 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Samsung Galaxy A72 is an affordable alternative to the South Korean company's 2021 Galaxy S21 Plus: It even features the same 6.7-inch FHD+ OLED display. The A72 might have ditched the depth sensor its A52 sibling has, but the dedicated 5MP, f/2.4 macro camera is still present. Low-light photo quality from the main 64MP camera on the Galaxy is above average overall for a mid-ranger.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gsmarena have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy A72 has a 6.7-inch, 90Hz display, an extra 8MP telephoto camera and a slightly bigger 5,000 mAh battery. In typical Samsung fashion, the Galaxy has two color profiles available in settings - Vivid (default) and natural. The Quad-Bayer main can is intended to produce 16MP binned shots for best results.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy A72 is a stylish, well-built smartphone with a considerably large display that makes it excellent for media consumption while ensuring that you are well-supported in terms of software updates over the next four years. The A72's screen is bright at 800 nits, and the fact that we have a 90 Hz refresh rate enabled all the time makes viewing content on the display a smooth experience. Images captured using the 64 MP main lens are good enough and the device works well at night.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy A72 is equipped with a different SoC (Snapdragon 720G), the battery capacity increased from 4,500 to 5,000 mAh and the camera now includes 4 instead of 3 lenses unlike the predecessor. Features like the 3.5 mm jack, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and the OTG-enabled USB-C port with USB 2.0 speed have been inherited from its predecessor.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy A72 is expected to come in two variants, connectivity-wise: a 5G version and an LTE-only version. It will reportedly feature a quad-camera setup just like its predecessor with a main sensor of 64MP. To complement the main camera, we will reportedly be getting a 12 MP Ultra-wide shooter, and two additional sensors.
- 1. ^ Samsung Galaxy A72 review. Gsmarena. 2021-04-29. Retrieved 2021-04-30.
- 2. ^ Samsung Galaxy A72 review: the new mid-range king?. Nextpit. 2021-05-10. Retrieved 2021-05-11.
- 3. ^ Samsung Galaxy A72 smartphone review - Fine tuning for the mid-range champion. Notebookcheck. 2021-05-21. Retrieved 2021-05-22.
- 4. ^ Samsung Galaxy A72 5G preview. Phonearena. 2021-02-17. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.