MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) Review Rundown
MSI (Micro-Star International) | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 05 May 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
MSI GS66 Stealth is one of the first gaming laptops to support not only new RTX30 graphics, but also a 1440p 240Hz screen. Like the 2020 GS66, the new 10UX can be configured with either FHD or 4K UHD display, the latter of which delivers 100% coverage of the Adobe RGB color space. Another important feature that is carried over is the large 99.9Wh battery.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The MSI GS66 Stealth is one of the first gaming laptops to support not only these new graphics, but also a 1440p 240Hz screen. It features the Intel Core i7-10875H processor and the Nvidia RTX 3080, as well as 32GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD. The keypresses lack that precise snappiness many modern keyboards have adopted.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
MSI's Stealth line sits at the top of our list of thin-and-light gaming laptops. The notebook brings the stunning good looks we've come to expect from the line. It beefs up the power with Nvidia's new 30-series GPUs and a 1440p display with a super-high refresh rate. For such a slim system, the MSI GS66 Stealth has a healthy amount of ports.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
MSI has made no major internal changes outside of the CPU and GPU swap. The cooling solution and components appear identical to what we observed on last year's Turing-powered GS66. LatencyMon shows no major latency issues when opening multiple browser tabs. 4K video playback at 60 FPS is smooth but not perfect with 8 dropped frames.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
MSI's GS66 Stealth ($2,699 as tested) now has Nvidia's "Ampere" GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics. Despite an eight-core Intel Core i7 chip, our test model trailed the Alienware m15 R4 with an RTX 3070. It retains our Editors' Choice badge for high-end 15.6-inch gaming notebooks.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
MSI GS66 Stealth is one of the best-looking gaming laptops on the market. The all-black metal chassis gives off a great first impression. However, the design's biggest problem will have probably already emerged: this laptop is a fingerprint and smudge magnet – more than any other laptop I've reviewed. The 1080p 240Hz panel provides a super-smooth gaming experience.
- 1. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: Peak 1440p gaming. Digitaltrends. 2021-02-18. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review. Laptopmag. 2021-01-26. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth 10UG Laptop Review: How Fast is a 95 W GeForce RTX 3070?. Notebookcheck. 2021-02-11. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) Review. Pcmag. 2021-02-05. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 5. ^ MSI GS66 Stealth Review. Trustedreviews. 2020-05-04. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.