Nikon A1000 Review Rundown
The Nikon A1000 offers optical zoom that's not possible on a smartphone. The camera is packed with physical controls and design features that are tough to find on budget cameras. At full zoom with the maximum f/6.9 aperture, getting a sharp, bright shot is tricky. If you need a low light performer, a fast action camera, or image quality better than a cameraphone, find better options elsewhere.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Nikon A1000 touts more than just a zoom that a smartphone can't compete with. The camera is packed with physical controls and design features that are tough to find on budget cameras. You buy this camera for the lens — not the small 1/2.3 inch sensor that's behind it.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The A1000's lens offers a lot of zoom power, but it makes some sacrifices to pack the power into a slim body. The lens is a 24-840mm (35mm full-frame equivalent) zoom with an f/3.4-6.9 f-stop. It's quick enough for a candid snapshot, but a small camera isn't a good option for keeping up with fast-moving subjects.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Nikon A1000 sports a 1/2.3-inch 16.1MP back-illuminated sensor. It has a 35x optical zoom lens that offers a focal range equivalent to 24-840mm in 35mm terms. The camera also has an electronic viewfinder, a 3-inch tilting touchscreen, raw shooting and 4K video capabilities. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth also grace the spec sheet, and these enable you to connect the camera to a smartphone or tablet.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Nikon Coolpix A1000 packs a generous 35x zoom lens into a compact design. The screen is sharp and bright and tilts up 90 degrees, so you can hold the camera low and against your body for steadier video. Overall image and video quality, however, generally trail those of Panasonic's Lumix ZS80.
- 1. ^ Nikon Coolpix A1000 Review. Digitaltrends. 03 May 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Nikon Coolpix A1000 Review. Pcmag. 16 July 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Nikon A1000 review. Techradar. 19 April 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Nikon Coolpix A1000 Review: Long Zoom at a Low Price. Tomsguide. 25 July 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.