- As an industry-first, the Canon R5 supports internal video recording of 8K video at 30p or 4K at 120p in 4:2:2 10-bit using Canon Log or HDR PQ with H.265 encoding. It can also record 8K 30p in RAW. The R5 is able to record with the full-width of the sensor, with no crop.
- It can capture at 20 fps with electronic shutter or 12 fps with mechanical shutter in continuous shooting.
- It offers two memory card slots, unlike the single-card EOS R, with one CFexpress and one SD (UHS-II).
- EOS R5 has the improved Dual Pixel autofocus that covers 100% of the frame and that that supports advanced object detection from the EOS-1DX Mark III. Not only is Face, Head, and Eye tracking supported, for the first time Canon will support Animal detection.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
8K8K 30p internal RAW or 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log / HDR PQ (H.265) no crop
Wireless File TransmitterWFT-R10A ($1000)
EOS Webcam Utility Expands Camera Support and Software Compatibility with the Launch of the Production Version
For the 17th Year Running, Canon Holds the Number One Market Share in the Global Interchangeable-Lens Digital Camera Market
The MSRP provided on this page may not apply to all regions equally. It is the launch price. For the current price, please refer to the Price Comparison section.
This page may contain affiliate links to third-party merchants such as Amazon, eBay, and Rakuten. When you make a purchase using the supplied links, we will receive a commission.
* Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher.
** Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from third-party review.
*** Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews.