Huawei Watch GT 2e Review Rundown
Huawei Watch GT 2e moves away from the classic look of the Watch GT 2 and takes on a younger style that suits a younger audience.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
The Huawei Watch GT 2e costs €199/£179 in Europe, marking a €50 reduction from the launch price of the Watch GT2 (€249) The 1.39-inch OLED touch display is sharp and bright, and offers a good resolution. Huawei's own Lite OS is still the preferred operating system for Huawei smartwatches.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Watch GT 2e has neither LTE nor a microphone or speaker. The watch signals incoming notifications and stores them until you have read or deleted them on the watch. The battery lasts for two weeks even if you wear the watch day and night without disabling the heart rate monitoring or night-time sleep tracking.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
Huawei Watch GT 2e may stand for "excellent" or "energy and vitality" Timepiece has sportier looks and feel on the wrist. Huawei Watch GT2e will go on sale later this year in China and in the U.S. from September.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The Huawei Watch GT 2e is available in Graphite Black, Lava Red, Mint Green and Icy White. It's based on the same fundamental internals and feature set as the 46mm GT 2, albeit with a new design and a couple of hardware tweaks. Huawei's included support for an impressive 100 workout modes; broken down into 15 professional and 85 custom modes. Supported professional-grade workouts include both indoor and outdoor pursuits, such as running and mountain climbing.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Huawei Watch GT 2e is on sale now in the UK, but there's no clear on sale date for the US or Australia. The watch has a slew of new workout modes that can track anything from running, swimming, cycling to more unconventional activities like parkour, ballet, skateboarding and belly dancing. Swiping left or right from the watch face will take you through basic information like steps taken, calories burned, average heart rate, stress level and weather.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Huawei Watch GT 2e is a new version of the GT 2 smartwatch. It's the same 46mm sized case as featured on the largest GT 2. The strap is now a similar kind of perforated kind that you can find on some Apple Watch straps. Huawei is offering straps in four colours with your pick of black, red, green and white bands.
- 1. ^ Huawei Watch GT 2e review: it's sportier, but is it superior?. Nextpit. 19 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Huawei Watch GT 2e smartwatch review with comparison to the Watch GT 2. Notebookcheck. 21 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Huawei Watch GT 2e review. Phonearena. 29 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Huawei Watch GT 2e review. Techadvisor. 05 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Huawei Watch GT 2e review. Techradar. 08 May 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Huawei Watch GT 2e Review. Trustedreviews. 22 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.