Sony Xperia 10 II Review Rundown
Sony Electronics | Published on 21 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Sony Xperia 10 II has been available in a single configuration of 128GB of storage and 4GB of RAM. It has a 12MP, f/2.0 main camera, alongside zoom and wide-angle cameras. Sony's camera app is not the most intuitive, and the different modes are not always clearly identifiable at first glance.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia 10 II costs £319, placing it at the more affordable end of the mid-range market. It has a 6in OLED display with an unusual 21:9 aspect ratio and 2,520 x 1,080 (FHD) resolution. The rear camera can capture video in 4K at 30fps, while the camera manages 30fps. There's no macro camera, but there is a digital macro mode which kicks in if you hold the phone close enough. The camera struggles with light, regardless of whether there's too much or too little light.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia 10 II has been available since June 12, 2020, at a price of €369. At this price point, we find a 6-inch OLED display in Full HD+ resolution, a 60 Hz refresh rate, a Snapdragon 665 processor, and 4GB of RAM. At the back of this device lies a triple camera module that delivers a 12-megapixel shooter, accompanied by a telephoto lens.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia 10 II has a 6-inch OLED panel in the 21:9 format and offers a resolution of 2520x1080 pixels. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, the Qualcomm Adreno 610 integrated graphics unit, 4 GB of RAM, and 128 GB of internal storage. In the box, the Xperia 10II comes with a USB power adapter with a matching USB Type-C cable.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
The Xperia 10 II features a 6-inch OLED display, a rare breed in this price segment. The symmetrical top and bottom bezels are quite narrow and definitely more stylish than notches and punch-holes. The hybrid SIM/SD card tray has rubber seals, ensuring IP68 protection. There's a capacitive fingerprint scanner on the side and a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The Xperia 10 II runs Android 10 out the box with Sony's decidedly-subtle embellishments on top. The main alteration to the base Android experience is Side Sense, which has featured on Xperia devices for the last couple of years now. The 6in display, paired with the company's current taste for a 21:9 aspect ratio, makes a phone with a decidedly-big screen feel deceptively small.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia 10 II offers a movie-friendly widescreen OLED display for just £319 / $399. While the 21:9 aspect ratio of this screen doesn't lend itself perfectly to general portrait usage - or even all landscape media - it undoubtedly enhances films and games. Its triple camera system includes the holy trinity of wide, ultrawide and telephoto, and it's capable of taking well-balanced shots with accurate colors.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia 10 II is one of the cheapest mid-range handsets on the market. It is powered by a Snapdragon 765G chip, but has just 4GB of RAM. This means it offers noticeably slower performance than some rivals. Audio performance is surprisingly good given the use of a mono speaker setup. It's the phone to buy if good looks are a priority but your budget doesn't extend through the roof.
- 1. ^ Sony Xperia 10 II review: A mid-range monolith. Expertreviews. 20 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Sony Xperia 10 II Review: vastly improved but still falls short. Nextpit. 03 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Sony Xperia 10 II smartphone in review: The rest of the mid-range does it better. Notebookcheck. 27 August 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Sony Xperia 10 II Review. Phonearena. 03 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Sony Xperia 10 II review. Techadvisor. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Sony Xperia 10 II review. Techradar. 17 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 7. ^ Sony Xperia 10 II Review. Trustedreviews. 18 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.