JBL Bar 5.1 Review Rundown
JBL Bar 5.1 Surround has the potential to stand out from the crowd by utilising the same patented MultiBeam technology the company uses in cinema audio systems around the world. The soundbar is capable of delivering a robust, dynamic, balanced sound signature, but you may have to actively adjust the bass levels to get there. AirPlay 2 is a great feature of the soundbar if you own an iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV, allowing you to wirelessly stream content.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The $499.95 JBL Bar 5.1 Surround is a solid system, but those seeking true surround or serious power may want to explore other options. The soundbar employs five racetrack-style drivers and two side-firing 1.25-inch tweeters. There's no built-in mic or smart controls on the bar or the remote.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The JBL Bar 5.1 Surround uses the same patented MultiBeam technology the company uses in cinema audio systems around the world. The soundbar itself will take up quite a bit of your TV unit - or even hang off the ends, but with a total of seven speakers built into the soundbar, it's a necessary sacrifice to make. The wireless subwoofer, housing a 10in woofer, packs a serious punch, but more on that later. AirPlay 2 is a great feature if you own an iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV, allowing you to wirelessly stream content from your Apple devices.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The JBL Bar 5.1 Surround Sound is the biggest and boldest of its new soundbars. Announced at IFA 2019, the soundbar is the successor to last year's Bar Series 3.1. It uses Multi-Beam audio that hopes to mimic the effect of surround sound without needing a vast array of speakers around the room. We found the output impressive, with a strong and powerful roar.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
JBL Bar 5.1 Surround produces a bigger, bolder sound than less expensive models, but isn't quite as engaging as a system that takes advantage of Atmos. The soundbar handles music almost as well as it does movies and TV. While it was harder to set up properly than most soundbars, it was an excellent approximation.
- 1. ^ JBL Bar 5.1 Surround Review. Pcmag. 23 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ JBL Bar 5.1 Surround review. Techadvisor. 17 July 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Hands on: JBL Bar 5.1 Surround Sound review. Techradar. 05 September 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ JBL Bar 5.1 Surround review. Tomsguide. 08 December 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.