NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition Review Rundown
Being a reference card, the Founders Edition RTX 3060 Ti offers the performance of the new Ampere architecture without extra bells and whistles. It has a nice performance bump over the 2080 Super, though the real changes can be found in ray tracing performance and PCIe 4.0 support.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
The RTX 3060 Ti puts high-end performance into a mid-range package. It consistently cranks out great 1080p and 1440p non-ray tracing performance. It's dead even with the 2080 Super in Division 2 and Hitman 2 at 1080p on Ultra. But it's miles ahead in Far Cry 5 and Forza Horizon 4.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition retails for US$399.99 (₹35,900) and comes with a three-year warranty. The card is based on the same 8 nm GA104 GPU as the RTX 3070 but enables only 4,864 CUDA cores. It offers 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM on a 256-bit memory bus with a maximum bandwidth of 448 GB/s. The 12-pin Molex MicroFit 3.0 power connector seems somewhat redundant.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti is almost uncontested at $399. AMD's older Radeon RX 5700 Series cards unable to keep up, and even the new RX 6800 Series slipping. It was a single frame faster than the RTX 2080 Super (N Nvidia's preferred point of comparison) in every resolution.
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
The GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition is priced squarely at this GPU's $400 MSRP. It features a cut-down version of the $500 RTX 3070's “GA104” GPU, based on the company's new “Ampere” graphics architecture. The card packs roughly 17 percent fewer simultaneous multiprocessors (SMs) than last generation's 2060 Super.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
With the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, the Ampere technology is now more accessible to mainstream users. The card is available starting December 2, 2020, and you can pick it up starting at $399 (about £299, AU$540) It falls right around the same price as the GTX 2060 Super, while being as powerful as the RTX 2080 Super, a card that retailed for $699.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
Nvidia's new RTX 3060 Ti is a surprise addition to the company's lineup of RTX 3000-series graphics cards. Priced at $399, it goes on sale tomorrow and Nvidia promises it will deliver more performance than the previous-generation top-of-the-line RTX 2080 and 2080 Super. Just like the RTX 3070, this card will give you plenty of headroom at 1440p or below, but it struggles to hit 60fps in a number of modern games.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti brings the entry price for Ampere GPUs down to $400. It's a reasonably compact card that will fit in most cases, measuring 9.5 inches long. Connectivity consists of the same triple DisplayPort 1.4a outputs and single HDMI 2.1 port.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti is the cheapest current-generation graphics card in Nvidia's portfolio. It aims to offer buyers on a budget a more affordable way to enjoy Ray Tracing at playable frame rates in 1080p. The card uses third-generation Tensor cores and second-generation RT cores. The benefit of the lower specs is that it is significantly less demanding to run than its more expensive siblings.
- 1. ^ Nvidia's RTX 3060 Ti Is the Mid-Range GPU Champion. Gizmodo. 2020-12-01. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition Review: Flagship 1440p Ultra and austere 4K gaming for US$400. Notebookcheck. 2021-02-05. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition Review. Pcmag. 2020-12-01. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition review: Spectacular 1440p gaming. Pcworld. 2020-12-01. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 5. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti review. Techradar. 2021-02-24. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 6. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti review: impressive performance for $399. Theverge. 2020-12-01. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 7. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition Review: Ampere for Only $399. Tomshardware. 2021-01-11. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 8. ^ Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti Review. Trustedreviews. 2021-02-23. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.