SIGMA has just released firmware updates for a dozen lenses for DSLR and mirrorless cameras as well as the MC-11 EF-E mount converter. The latest SIGMA Optimization Pro software, ver 1.6.0, is also made available for Windows and Mac.
Five full-frame DSLR lenses and one APS-C DSLR lens are receiving the latest firmware today:
- SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM | Art in Nikon F-mount
- SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | Art in Canon EF-mount and Nikon F-mount
- SIGMA 40mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art in Nikon F-mount
- SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art in Nikon F-mount
- SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary in Canon EF-mount
- SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | Contemporary in Canon EF-mount (APS-C)
The EF-mount lenses received optimized exposure during viewfinder shooting when used in combination with the EOS 90D and the EOS-1D X Mark III.
The firmware update offers F-mount lenses improves start-up time and fixes autofocus issues when mounted on the Nikon D6.
Two APS-C mirrorless lenses are receiving firmware updates today:
- SIGMA 16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary in Leica L-mount and Canon EF-M mount
- SIGMA 30mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary in Leica L-mount and Canon EF-M mount
This update brings the lens compatibility with focus ring adjustment functionality.
MC-11 EF-E Mount Converter
The update for MC-11 brings compatibility with three new lenses in Canon EF-mount on Sony E-mount cameras:
- SIGMA 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | Art with firmware ver 1.02
- SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | Contemporary with firmware ver 2.02
- SIGMA 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary with firmware ver 2.03
SIGMA Optimization Pro 1.6.0
Users can update the firmware in their lenses directly on the camera. Alternatively, it is possible to use SIGMA's proprietary Optimization Pro 1.6.0 software with SIGMA USB Dock UD-01/UD-11, SIGMA Flash USB Dock FD-11, or the MC-11 mount converter.
The SIGMA Optimization Pro also works with the company's cine lenses, electronic flash EF-630, tele-converter TC-1411 and TC-2011, and mount converter MC-21. The latest version brings compatibility with all SIGMA products released so far. It is available for download for Window and Mac here.