PC News Round Up, Issue 1
Published on 28 Nov 2021Last edited on 29 Nov 2021Written by Dr Jiulin Teng
Issue 1 of Neofiliac's PC News Round Up: This time, we bring 12 updates from ASUS, Microsoft, MSI, Samsung, SteelSeries, and Xiaomi.
This Round Up provides our summaries on these latest industry news. It is made possible with our NLP-based algorithms.
News Round Up
ASUS announced on 26 Nov 2021
ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Rapture GT-AX6000
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced Rapture GT-AX6000, a high-performance WiFi 6 (802.11ax) gaming router with a striking all-new design. The futuristic ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 gaming router lets gamers connect more devices, and upgrades their gaming experience to the next level. The ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 is a powerful 4x4 dual-band WiFi 6 router that delivers combined speeds of up to 6000 Mbps — 1148 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 4804 Mbps on the 5GHz band — which is up to 2.3X faster than a 4x4 dual-band WiFi 5 router.
Microsoft announced on 24 Nov 2021
Windows 11 Tips: Get help with holiday shopping thanks to features built into Microsoft Edge
Through Microsoft Edge – the personal shopping assistance you always wanted – you can more easily find what you’re looking for, compare prices , apply coupons  and end up with savings that could add up significantly. Microsoft Edge includes built-in autofill coupons, introduced a year ago to help you save time and money while shopping online. And thanks to Autofill – which already stores and fills in your passwords through your Microsoft account – you can also count on it to store addresses and payment info, saving you time in filling out those shipping and billing forms when you buy something online.
Microsoft announced on 23 Nov 2021
Block Friday Sale now underway in Minecraft Marketplace
Between now and 10 a.m. PT on Nov. 30, the Minecraft Marketplace is holding its annual Block Friday Sale. Each day three items will be marked down by 75%, so it will pay off to check in regularly throughout the week. And while you’re there, pick up the free Cozy Animals skin pack by 57digital.
Microsoft announced on 22 Nov 2021
Express yourself with new emoji now available in Windows 11
These new Fluent style emoji being released in Windows 11 today feel personal and familiar, two of our Windows 11 design principles. A team of emoji designers, program managers, font experts and developers focused on creating this new emoji system. Windows 11 now offers a more modern and expressive emoji to use in your hybrid communications, allowing you to add fun, expression and personality to your communications.
Microsoft announced on 22 Nov 2021
Sea of Thieves Feast of Bounty event underway through Nov. 29
Ahoy Sea of Thieves fans: In this time of year for giving thanks, come together with your fellow pirates for the Feast of Bounty, a cornucopia of activities first to prepare for the feast, then to celebrate it heartily. The Preparation phase began Nov. 22, with pirates completing challenges such as cooking meat and collecting the Feast of Bounty Flag to ready themselves for the upcoming revelry. Head over to SeaOfThieves.com for the details and to get started.
Microsoft announced on 19 Nov 2021
Get to know Windows 11 Widgets with these 11 faves
Widgets, new with Windows 11, aim to make your life easier by focusing on what you want to know. The Windows Resource Center has picked 11 example Widgets to show you their power and versatility. They include Calendar, Entertainment, Sports, Traffic and more.
Microsoft announced on 19 Nov 2021
Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.348 to Beta and Release Preview Channels
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.348 (KB5007262)to Windows Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels. This update includes all the improvements previously noted here plus this additional fix:. We fixed a known issue that might prevent apps, such as Kaspersky apps, from opening after you attempt to repair or update the apps using the Microsoft Installer (MSI).
MSI announced on 25 Nov 2021
MSI Announces the Brand New 12th Gen Intel Alder Lake Gaming Desktops with DDR 5 memory
•Powered by the latest 12th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, providing 3A games with the best processing power – smoothest gameplay.•Features DDR5-4800Mhz memory, more bandwidth for data transmission and increased performance.•Includes PCIe Gen 5 bandwidth support, improved workloads and render capabilities for enhanced gaming experience. •HMI Gaming Dial design, allowing gamers to quickly control and monitor the system without touching the keyboard and mouse.•Preloaded Window 11, Auto HDR and Direct storage will provide improved gaming experience.•The all new MSI CENTER, enrich your gaming experience and system tuning. Based on a new hybrid architecture, the 12th generation Intel Core processor combines a mix of Performance cores (P-cores) and Efficiency cores (E-cores) to maximize performance, increases multi-thread performance by up to 55%, the gaming performance has more than 13% increase compared to the previous generation.
Samsung announced on 24 Nov 2021
Samsung Electronics Announces New Advanced Semiconductor Fab Site in Taylor, Texas
Samsung Electronics, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced that it would build a new semiconductor manufacturing facility in Taylor, Texas. Samsung remains committed to supporting customers globally by making advanced semiconductor fabrication more accessible and meeting surging demand for leading-edge products. “As we add a new facility in Taylor, Samsung is laying the groundwork for another important chapter in our future,” said Kinam Kim, Vice Chairman and CEO, Samsung Electronics Device Solutions Division.
Samsung announced on 22 Nov 2021
Samsung Electronics Expands Its ‘Green Chip’ Line-Up
Samsung Electronics, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced that five of its memory products achieved global recognition for successfully reducing its carbon emission, while 20 additional memory products received carbon footprint certification. Samsung’s automotive LED packages also had their carbon footprint verification, a first in the industry for automotive LED packages, further expanding Samsung’s portfolio of eco-conscious ‘green chips’. The Carbon Trust recently also certified the product carbon footprints of 20 memory products1 by giving them the ‘CO2 Measured’ product carbon footprint label.
SteelSeries announced on 23 Nov 2021
SteelSeries x Ubisoft Team Up for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Promo
CHICAGO | SAN FRANCISCO – NOVEMBER 23, 2021 – SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, and Ubisoft®, the creator, publisher, and distributor of Tom Clancy’s video game series, announced a new collaboration for the launch of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Extraction. Beginning today, gamers who purchase an award-winning SteelSeries Arctis 9 wireless gaming headset will receive a code to download the next mainline installment in the Rainbow Six franchise when it is released on January 20, 2022. “Ubisoft is happy to partner with SteelSeries to provide players a distinct edge when trying to launch successful incursions in unpredictable containments zones as they face off against an alien threat,” said Rose-Marie Nargaud, Associate Director of Technological Partnerships at Ubisoft.
Xiaomi announced on 23 Nov 2021
Xiaomi Reports Steady Revenue And Profit Growth in 2021 Q3
Beijing, Hong Kong, November 23, 2021 — Xiaomi Corporation (“Xiaomi” or the “Group”; stock code:1810), a consumer electronics and smart manufacturing company with smartphones and smart hardware connected by an Internet of Things (IoT) platform at its core, announced its unaudited consolidated results for the three and six months ended September 30, 2021. In the third quarter of 2021, Xiaomi’s total revenue amounted to RMB78.1 billion, representing an increase of 8.2% year-over-year, adjusted net profit for the period was RMB5.2 billion, an increase of 25.4% year-over-year. Impacted by global macro-environment as well as market sentiment towards technology sector in China in the third quarter, Xiaomi’s long-term investments measured at fair value through profit or loss in the current period have generated unrealized financial losses, which have had a substantial impact on Xiaomi’s net profit.
- ^ ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Rapture GT-AX6000. [ASUS]. https://www.asus.com/News/jh7aekmk8ilwqykq/. 26 Nov 2021.
- ^ Windows 11 Tips: Get help with holiday shopping thanks to features built into Microsoft Edge. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/11/24/windows-11-tips-get-help-with-holiday-shopping-thanks-to-features-built-into-microsoft-edge/. 24 Nov 2021.
- ^ Block Friday Sale now underway in Minecraft Marketplace. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/11/23/block-friday-sale-now-underway-in-minecraft-marketplace/. 23 Nov 2021.
- ^ Express yourself with new emoji now available in Windows 11. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/11/22/express-yourself-with-new-emoji-now-available-in-windows-11/. 22 Nov 2021.
- ^ Sea of Thieves Feast of Bounty event underway through Nov. 29. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/11/22/sea-of-thieves-feast-of-bounty-event-underway-through-nov-29/. 22 Nov 2021.
- ^ Get to know Windows 11 Widgets with these 11 faves. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/11/19/get-to-know-windows-11-widgets-with-these-11-faves/. 19 Nov 2021.
- ^ Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.348 to Beta and Release Preview Channels. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/11/19/releasing-windows-11-build-22000-348-to-beta-and-release-preview-channels/. 19 Nov 2021.
- ^ MSI Announces the Brand New 12th Gen Intel Alder Lake Gaming Desktops with DDR 5 memory. [MSI]. https://www.msi.com/news/detail/MSIAnnouncestheBrandNew12thGenIntelAlderLakeGamingDesktopswithDDR5memory122852. 25 Nov 2021.
- ^ Samsung Electronics Announces New Advanced Semiconductor Fab Site in Taylor, Texas. [Samsung]. https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-electronics-announces-new-advanced-semiconductor-fab-site-in-taylor-texas. 24 Nov 2021.
- ^ Samsung Electronics Expands Its ‘Green Chip’ Line-Up. [Samsung]. https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-electronics-expands-its-green-chip-line-up. 22 Nov 2021.
- ^ SteelSeries x Ubisoft Team Up for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Promo. [SteelSeries]. https://steelseries.com//press/105-steelseries-x-ubisoft-team-tom-clancys-rainbow-six-promo. 23 Nov 2021.
- ^ Xiaomi Reports Steady Revenue And Profit Growth in 2021 Q3. [Xiaomi]. https://blog.mi.com/en/2021/11/23/xiaomi-reports-steady-revenue-and-profit-growth-in-2021-q3/. 23 Nov 2021.
This page contains affiliate links to third-party merchants such as Amazon, eBay, and Rakuten. When you make a purchase using the supplied links, we will receive a commission.