NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti Review Rundown
Nvidia | Published on 04 Jun 2021 | Last Edited on 09 Jul 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition is more than 70% more expensive than the original RTX 3080. As a 11.2-inch, 2-slot card, it is smaller compared to some of the crazier third-party models. Those who like the compact design of the original would certainly love it.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Arstechnica have found the following[***]:
The RTX 3080 Ti and 3070 Ti start at $1,199 and $599, respectively. Specs for the 2080 Ti land closer to the 3090 than the 3080, with the biggest difference being a gulf in VRAM. AMD's line of Big Navi cards arguably put some juice in Nvidia's caboose, because the 30 80 Ti gets its pure rasterization numbers up higher.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The RTX 3080 Ti is Nvidia's solution to both of these problems. The Founders Edition version of the card will likely be the most beautiful, but not the most powerful. It's still $200 more than the AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT, which was already only marginally slower than the RTX 3090.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti presents an interesting picture when it comes to benchmark results — both synthetic and real world. In 3DMark, AMD's RDNA 2-based RX 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT do have a perceivable edge in all the Fire Strike Graphics tests. On it seems as if NVIDIA has shoeed a near-full RTX 3090 into an idle chassis resulting in thermal issues.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
PC Labs ran the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition through a series of DirectX 11- and 12-based synthetic and real-world benchmarks. For our testing, we focused some of the effort on the esports aspect of the card with games like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) We also ran the card through the rest of our new standard benchmark regimen, which tests a card's abilities to handle AAA games.
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
N Nvidia's $1,200 GeForce RTX 3080 Ti is an absolute monster. By halving the amount of ultra-fast GDDR6X memory to 12GB, this graphics card still packs more than enough VRAM to game at 4K resolution while clocking in at $300 less. This is the GeForce card that deep-pocketed gamers should buy, not the RTX 3090.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti is available June 3, starting at $1,199 / £1,049 / AU$1,949. The graphics card is built on the Nvidia Ampere architecture, and brings with it the same improvements as the rest of the lineup. It has a hardware-based hash rate limiter that should limit the appeal to cryptocurrency miners. We'll just have to wait and see how well this actually dissuades miners.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
The RTX 3080 Ti has one fan on either side of the card, with a push-pull system in place. It runs at or close to its max fan RPM under heavy loads, but the hum of the fans isn't too distracting. The jump in performance is noticeable across nearly every game, with the exception of Death Stranding and Fortnite.
- 1. ^ Review: Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti is a powerhouse—but good luck finding it at $1,199 MSRP. Arstechnica. 2021-06-02. Retrieved 2021-06-03.
- 2. ^ Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti review: Another powerful GPU at an ungodly price. Digitaltrends. 2021-06-03. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- 3. ^ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition Review: RTX 3090 performance for less but still a low value proposition. Notebookcheck. 2021-07-07. Retrieved 2021-07-07.
- 4. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition Review. Pcmag. 2021-06-02. Retrieved 2021-06-03.
- 5. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti review: Basically a 3090, but for gamers. Pcworld. 2021-06-02. Retrieved 2021-06-03.
- 6. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti review. Techradar. 2021-06-02. Retrieved 2021-06-03.
- 7. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti review: more 4K for more of your wallet. Theverge. 2021-06-02. Retrieved 2021-07-09.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.