NVIDIA RTX 3070 Review Rundown
The $499 Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition is not the absolute fastest video card on the planet, but it deals almost every other card on shelves today a brutal takedown.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia RTX 3070 puts 1440p on ultra gaming within mid-range budgets for most desktop builders. Consistent 4K gaming at 60 fps was out of reach of the RTX 2080 Ti, Nvidia's now last-generation high-end graphics card. The new Ampere architecture is more efficient than last-gen's Turing architecture.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The $499 "Ampere"-based GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition graphics card. It's not the absolute fastest video card on the planet, but it deals almost every other card on shelves today a brutal takedown. In the U.S., you'll be able to buy the card directly from Best Buy and Microcenter.
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
The $500 GeForce RTX 3070 is just as fast as the $1,200 RTX 2080 Ti. It uses a new design that effectively doubles the CUDA core count compared to the older generation. It also packs more advanced RT and tensor cores—the dedicated hardware used for ray tracing and AI tasks like DLSS. The new graphics card consumes 30 watts less power than its predecessor.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 is available starting October 28, at $499 (£469, AU$809) It's powered by the Ampere GA104 GPU, which has 5,888 CUDA cores spread across 46 Streaming Multiprocessors. It's still a dual-slot card, measuring just 9.5 inches (242mm) long, making it easier to fit into smaller cases. Unlike its bigger siblings, it has both its fans on the same side of the cooler.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition is here — or at least it will be on October 29. This is the third of the new Nvidia Ampere architecture GPUs. It has over 150 percent more FP32 compute and 67 percent more RT TFLOPS, though it still only has the same 448 GBps of bandwidth.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Nvidia RTX 3070 is the latest mid-tier graphics card from PC gaming heavyweight Nvidia. It's being pitched as ‘the’ best GPU for most gamers, with the firm quoting it as offering RTX 2080 Ti level performance. But, with AMD Big Navi set to appear in the very near future and expected to radically undercut the RTX line on price, you may justifiably be wondering if it's worth holding off.
- 1. ^ The Nvidia RTX 3070 Has No Business Being This Good. Gizmodo. 27 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition Review. Pcmag. 27 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition review: Blistering performance gets $700 cheaper. Pcworld. 27 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 review. Techradar. 24 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Founders Edition Review: Taking on Turing's Best at $499. Tomshardware. 10 January 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ Nvidia RTX 3070 Review. Trustedreviews. 17 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.