PC News Round Up, Issue 13
Published on 15 Jan 2022Written by Dr Jiulin Teng
Issue 13 of Neofiliac's PC News Round Up: This time, we bring 6 updates from Lenovo, Microsoft, Samsung, and SteelSeries.
This Round Up provides our summaries on these latest industry news. It is made possible with our NLP-based algorithms.
News Round Up
Lenovo announced on 13 Jan 2022
Enterprise Metaverse: Employees Are Ready, Can Organizations Deliver?
HONG KONG, 13 January 2022 – Just as businesses are starting to find their groove with hybrid working, the workplace has begun to evolve again with the emergence of the metaverse. New research from Lenovo1 reveals that close to half of employees (44%) are willing to work in the metaverse and believe that it can deliver benefits like productivity to the workplace. The metaverse presents businesses with new opportunities but also more complex technological challenges, such as the need for more computing power, better integrated hardware, and simpler and more flexible IT solutions.”
Microsoft announced on 14 Jan 2022
Releasing Windows 10 Build 19044.1499 to Release Preview Channel
We fixed an issue in Microsoft UI Automation that might cause Microsoft Outlook to stop working. We fixed an issue that stops printing or prints the wrong output when you print using USB on Windows 10, version 2004 or later. We fixed an issue that causes Windows to stop working and generates the error, “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL”.
Microsoft announced on 14 Jan 2022
Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.466 to Beta and Release Preview Channels
We fixed an issue that affects the loading of badging information on the taskbar, which sometimes causes a device to stop working. We fixed an issue that causes a device to stop working when it’s connected to multiple displays. We fixed an issue that displays outdated battery percentages for connected Bluetooth devices on the Bluetooth and other devices page in Settings.
Microsoft announced on 12 Jan 2022
Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533 to the Dev Channel. We have updated the flyout design for the hardware indicators for brightness, volume, camera privacy, camera on/off and airplane mode, to align with Windows 11 design principles. We’re expanding the rollout of extending the 13 touch keyboard themes to IMEs, the emoji panel, and voice typing (first introduced with Build 22504) to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
Samsung announced on 13 Jan 2022
Samsung Demonstrates the World’s First MRAM Based In-Memory Computing
Titled ‘A crossbar array of magnetoresistive memory devices for in-memory computing’, this paper showcases Samsung’s leadership in memory technology and its effort to merge memory and system semiconductors for next-generation artificial intelligence (AI) chips. In the standard computer architecture, data is stored in memory chips and data computing is executed in separate processor chips. In contrast, in-memory computing is a new computing paradigm that seeks to perform both data storage and data computing in a memory network.
SteelSeries announced on 12 Jan 2022
GN Completes Acquisition of SteelSeries
SteelSeries will be a new growth engine to GN, operating with its own identity, brand and execution strength while benefitting from the industry-leading capabilities and track record of GN Audio to drive continuous growth and value creation. The core technology competencies of GN and SteelSeries complement and align very well, and it is anticipated that the combination will produce significant scaling opportunities and revenue synergies when combining SteelSeries with GN’s extensive global distribution footprint. The acquisition is funded as 100% cash payment financed through the existing cash balance, the EUR 600 million 0.875% coupon Eurobond issuance announced on November 17, 2021, and a bridge loan, which GN expects to replace with other debt instruments.
- ^ Enterprise Metaverse: Employees Are Ready, Can Organizations Deliver?. [Lenovo]. https://news.lenovo.com/pressroom/press-releases/enterprise-metaverse-employees-ready-organizations-deliver/. 13 Jan 2022.
- ^ Releasing Windows 10 Build 19044.1499 to Release Preview Channel. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/01/14/releasing-windows-10-build-19044-1499-to-release-preview-channel/. 14 Jan 2022.
- ^ Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.466 to Beta and Release Preview Channels. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/01/14/releasing-windows-11-build-22000-466-to-beta-and-release-preview-channels/. 14 Jan 2022.
- ^ Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533. [Microsoft]. https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/01/12/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22533/. 12 Jan 2022.
- ^ Samsung Demonstrates the World’s First MRAM Based In-Memory Computing. [Samsung]. https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-demonstrates-the-worlds-first-mram-based-in-memory-computing. 13 Jan 2022.
- ^ GN Completes Acquisition of SteelSeries. [SteelSeries]. https://steelseries.com/press/106-gn-completes-acquisition-steelseries. 12 Jan 2022.
This page contains affiliate links to third-party merchants such as Amazon, eBay, and Rakuten. When you make a purchase using the supplied links, we will receive a commission.