Car News Round Up, Issue 14
Published on 15 Jan 2022Written by Dr Jiulin Teng
Issue 14 of Neofiliac's Car News Round Up: This time, we bring 10 updates from BMW, Ford, Honda, Lexus, and Rolls Royce Motor Cars.
This Round Up provides our summaries on these latest industry news. It is made possible with our NLP-based algorithms.
News Round Up
BMW announced on 15 Jan 2022
24H Dubai: new BMW M4 GT3 passes endurance test at first official race appearance
Following test races last season and successful FIA homologation, the 24H Dubai (UAE) from Friday to Saturday marked the first race appearance for the new BMW M4 GT3 in the hands of BMW M Motorsport teams. The #1 car from ST Racing, competing in the Pro-Am class, was the best-placed BMW M4 GT3 in the field for a large part of the race and was on course for a podium in its class. At the season-opener in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship (IMSA series), the legendary 24 Hours of Daytona (USA), BMW M Team RLL and Turner Motorsport will be competing with the new GT car.
BMW announced on 14 Jan 2022
BMW Motorrad reveals R 18 M and R 18 Aurora at the Verona Motor Bike Expo.
The source of inspiration for the BMW R 18 M project by the editorial staff of LowRide is the following: the idea is to give the BMW Cruiser a more streamlined and sportier look, avoiding exaggerations and especially without forgetting the reference to the BMW R 18 retro lines. The saddle was borrowed in its entirety from a BMW 1200 C of 2005, the Batwing supports were made using the supports for indicators of a BMW R 100 of 1982 and a part of the rear frame of a BMW K 75 of 1991. You will find press material on BMW motorcycles and BMW Motorrad rider equipment in the BMW Group PressClub at: www.press.bmwgroup.com In case of queries please contact: Dominik Schaidnagel, Communications BMW MotorradTelephone: +49-151-601-50181, firstname.lastname@example.org Tim Diehl-Thiele, Head of Communications BMW MotorradTelephone: +49-151-601-57505, email@example.com Jennifer Treiber-Ruckenbrod, Head of Communications MINI and BMW Motorrad Telephone: +49-151-601-35108, firstname.lastname@example.org Internet: www.press.bmw.deE-mail: email@example.com The BMW GroupWith its four brands BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorrad, the BMW Group is the world’s leading premium manufacturer of automobiles and motorcycles and also provides premium financial and mobility services.
BMW announced on 14 Jan 2022
Andreas Roos takes over as new Head of BMW M Motorsport
Change is afoot at the sharp end of BMW M Motorsport: Andreas Roos will take over responsibility for the motor sport activities of BMW M GmbH on 1 February. “We would like to thank Mike Krack for his passion and dedication across the motor sport portfolio of BMW and BMW M,” says Franciscus van Meel, CEO of BMW M GmbH. As Head of BMW M Motorsport, he took some important decisions over the past year aimed at securing a successful future for our motor sport projects.
BMW announced on 13 Jan 2022
BMW i Ventures Invests in Y Combinator Alum HeyCharge to Amplify EV Charging Rollout at Residential Locations
Munich/ Mountain View, Calif. BMW i Ventures announced today a lead investment in HeyCharge, the German start-up democratizing access to electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in apartment complexes, office buildings and other infrastructure locations. With 56% of Germany and 46% of Europe living in apartment buildings, and 37% of renters in the US, this is an obvious next step for the expansion of EV charging stations, but the current reliance on internet connectivity is holding scalability back. HeyCharge’s patent-pending technology, SecureCharge, eliminates the need for an on-site internet connection, allowing the app and chargers to communicate directly over bluetooth with the HeyCharge App or SDK.
BMW announced on 13 Jan 2022
BMW M GmbH enters its anniversary year with a new sales high
This growth was spread equally between the High-Performance sports cars and Performance cars made by BMW M GmbH, with both product categories raising their sales figures to a new level. The biggest drivers of growth among the High-Performance sports cars were the new BMW M3 and BMW M4 models introduced in spring 2021. Fuelled by a vehicle concept focused squarely on emotionally charged dynamism and unprecedented diversity in the model range, the new BMW M3 Sedan (fuel consumption combined: 10.2 – 10.0 l/100 km [27.7 – 28.3 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 231 – 227 g/km as per WLTP), new BMW M4 Coupé (fuel consumption combined: 10.1 – 9.9 l/100 km [28.0 – 28.5 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 230 – 226 g/km as per WLTP) and new BMW M4 Convertible (fuel consumption combined: 10.2 l/100 km [27.7 mpg imp]; CO2 emissions combined: 233 – 231 g/km as per WLTP) got off to an extremely successful start.
Ford announced on 14 Jan 2022
New 2022 Ranger Splash Limited Edition Colors: Snow Edition, Forest Edition And Sand Edition
New 2022 Ranger Splash Limited Edition Colors include Snow Edition, Forest Edition and Sand Edition. 2022 Ranger Splash – Forest Edition The second of the limited-run offerings is the XLT Ranger Splash - Forest Edition. 2022 Ranger Splash – Sand Edition The third of the limited-run offerings is the XLT Ranger Splash - Sand Edition.
Honda announced on 14 Jan 2022
All-New Honda Civic Type R Arrives at Tokyo Auto Salon
Fresh from testing at the Suzuka Circuit, the all-new Honda Civic Type R made its first public appearance in prototype at the Tokyo Auto Salon, Japan's premiere high-performance and custom car show. Wearing a special camouflage designed exclusively for Type R, the prototype is featured in a new action-packed test-driving video, so TAS visitors can go behind the scenes with Honda engineers and experience the development of Type R. The best performing Civic Type R ever will be officially unveiled this year. The Honda lineup includes the Civic, Insight, and Accord passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V, Passport and Pilot sport utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan.
Honda announced on 13 Jan 2022
Honda Teases All-New HR-V
About Honda Honda offers a full line of clean, safe, fun and connected vehicles sold through more than 1,000 independent U.S. Honda dealers. Honda has been producing automobiles in America for 40 years and currently operates 18 major manufacturing facilities in North America. In 2021, 95 percent of all Honda vehicles sold in the U.S. were made in North America, using domestic and globally-sourced parts.
Lexus announced on 14 Jan 2022
Lexus Takes On Mission To Save The World In ‘Moonfall’
All-New 2022 Lexus NX Appears Alongside Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, John Bradley and Michael Peña in Epic New Sci-Fi Film From Director Roland Emmerich. Lexus is taking on yet another exciting role as Liongate’s official automotive partner on the epic new sci-fi disaster film, “Moonfall,” from internationally renowned director Roland Emmerich, in theaters February 4, 2022. The Lexus x “Moonfall” marketing campaign debuts today with a co-branded 30-second commercial, “Enjoy the Ride,” featuring the NX in high-action footage from the film.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars announced on 13 Jan 2022
Whimsical & Wonderful, A Momentous Year For Rolls-Royce Bespoke
“In what has been an unprecedented and unpredictable year, the House of Rolls-Royce has delivered the highest-ever annual sales results in the marque’s 117-year history. In 2021, we delivered 5,586 motor cars to clients around the world, having worked closely with clients to further expand the boundaries of creativity within our Bespoke Collective. Artisans continue to further the realm of Bespoke feasibility; precious and rare materials are used with ingenuity to create world-class examples of excellence in their field.
- ^ 24H Dubai: new BMW M4 GT3 passes endurance test at first official race appearance. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0364514EN/24h-dubai:-new-bmw-m4-gt3-passes-endurance-test-at-first-official-race-appearance. 15 Jan 2022.
- ^ BMW Motorrad reveals R 18 M and R 18 Aurora at the Verona Motor Bike Expo. . [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0364201EN/bmw-motorrad-reveals-r-18-m-and-r-18-aurora-at-the-verona-motor-bike-expo. 14 Jan 2022.
- ^ Andreas Roos takes over as new Head of BMW M Motorsport. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0364375EN/andreas-roos-takes-over-as-new-head-of-bmw-m-motorsport. 14 Jan 2022.
- ^ BMW i Ventures Invests in Y Combinator Alum HeyCharge to Amplify EV Charging Rollout at Residential Locations. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0364198EN/bmw-i-ventures-invests-in-y-combinator-alum-heycharge-to-amplify-ev-charging-rollout-at-residential-locations. 13 Jan 2022.
- ^ BMW M GmbH enters its anniversary year with a new sales high. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0364133EN/bmw-m-gmbh-enters-its-anniversary-year-with-a-new-sales-high. 13 Jan 2022.
- ^ New 2022 Ranger Splash Limited Edition Colors: Snow Edition, Forest Edition And Sand Edition. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/01/14/new-2022-ranger-splash-limited-edition-colors.html. 14 Jan 2022.
- ^ All-New Honda Civic Type R Arrives at Tokyo Auto Salon. [Honda]. https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobiles/releases/release-3ca840de4b6d011494d62be7cf02be83-all-new-honda-civic-type-r-arrives-at-tokyo-auto-salon. 14 Jan 2022.
- ^ Honda Teases All-New HR-V. [Honda]. https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobiles/releases/release-350e5b1e9407802ab321ef0ddf1e8ed9-honda-teases-all-new-hr-v. 13 Jan 2022.
- ^ Lexus Takes On Mission To Save The World In ‘Moonfall’. [Lexus]. https://pressroom.lexus.com/lexus-takes-on-mission-to-save-the-world-in-moonfall/. 14 Jan 2022.
- ^ Whimsical & Wonderful, A Momentous Year For Rolls-Royce Bespoke. [Rolls-Royce Motor Cars]. https://www.press.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/rolls-royce-motor-cars-pressclub/article/detail/T0364193EN/whimsical-wonderful-a-momentous-year-for-rolls-royce-bespoke. 13 Jan 2022.
This page contains affiliate links to third-party merchants such as Amazon, eBay, and Rakuten. When you make a purchase using the supplied links, we will receive a commission.