Car News Round Up, Issue 13
Published on 12 Jan 2022Written by Dr Jiulin Teng
Issue 13 of Neofiliac's Car News Round Up: This time, we bring 6 updates from BMW, Ford, Honda, and Rolls Royce Motor Cars.
This Round Up provides our summaries on these latest industry news. It is made possible with our NLP-based algorithms.
News Round Up
BMW announced on 12 Jan 2022
Electro-offensive and number one in premium segment: BMW Group posts strong sales for 2021
The BMW Group posted solid year-on-year sales growth of 8.4 percent last year, with a total of 2,521,525 BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce vehicles delivered to customers worldwide. Our brands reported numerous all-time best sales results around the globe – spearheaded by the BMW brand, which is number one in the global premium segment,” said Pieter Nota, member of the Board of Management of BMW AG responsible for Customer, Brands, Sales. We have set ourselves particularly ambitious growth targets in this area and aim to more than double our sales of fully-electric vehicles from last year,” Nota added.
BMW announced on 11 Jan 2022
Start of a new challenge: BMW M Team RLL driver line-up for the 24 Hours of Daytona has been decided
“It hasn’t even been two months since we bid farewell to the BMW M8 GTE at Petit Le Mans, and we’re already in the critical phase of preparing for the first major IMSA highlight for the new BMW M4 GT3,” said Mike Krack, head of BMW M Motorsport. “With our drivers who will be competing in the two BMW M Team RLL BMW M4 GT3s, we have opted for speed and experience – both at Daytona and with the new car. Krohn and van der Linde will only be racing for BMW M Team RLL at Daytona, while the other six drivers will also share the cockpits of the two BMW M4 GT3s at the 12 Hours of Sebring in March.
Ford announced on 11 Jan 2022
Hot With Customers, The All-New Ford Bronco And Maverick Earn North American Utility And Truck Of The Year Honors
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 11, 2022 – The all-new 2022 Ford Bronco has taken home the 2022 North American Utility of the Year award and the all-new 2022 Ford Maverick received the 2022 North American Truck of the Year award today. This marks the second year in a row a Ford vehicle has earned recognition from North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year™ jurors, following last year’s top honors for F-150 and Mustang Mach-E. “We’re thrilled and honored to earn both Truck and Utility of the Year from the NACTOY jury for the Ford Maverick and Bronco, especially among such a strong field of competitors,” said Kumar Galhotra, president, Americas and International Markets Group. North American Car, Utility and Truck of the Year awards are bestowed by a broad and distinguished panel of 50 jurors, recognizing the most outstanding new vehicles of the year – those that define or redefine their segments with superlative attention to innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and overall value.
Honda announced on 11 Jan 2022
All-New Honda Civic Named 2022 North American Car of the Year
The all-new 2022 Honda Civic, the 11th generation of America's most popular compact car, has earned the prestigious 2022 North American Car of the Year award. This marks the fourth time in the past six years that a Honda model has received a North American Car or Truck of the Year award, following the Honda Civic (2016), Honda Ridgeline (2017) and Honda Accord (2018). “The Honda Civic has long set the standard by which other compact cars are measured and this all-new Civic raised that bar in every conceivable way," said Michael Kistemaker, assistant vice president of Honda national sales, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "We’re especially proud for the Civic development team in Japan and our production associates at our plants in Greensburg, Indiana and Alliston, Ontario where the 2022 Civic Sedan, Hatchback and Si are built.”1.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars announced on 10 Jan 2022
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Reports Record Annual Results For 2021
We delivered more cars than at any time in the marque’s 117-year history with unprecedented demand for all products in every global market. Our extremely strong product portfolio, an exceptional Bespoke offering, together with the first full year of availability of Ghost, the launch of Black Badge Ghost in October and the continuing record demand for Bespoke personalisation, has contributed meaningfully to our extremely strong performance. In 2021, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars delivered the highest-ever annual sales results in the marque's 117-year history.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars announced on 09 Jan 2022
[Media Advisory] Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Invites Members Of The Media To Its 2021 Annual Sales Results Announcement
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars invites members of the media to join its 2021 Annual Sales Results Announcement, online, at 09.30 GMT, on Monday 10 January 2022. The press conference will be followed by a short question and answer session with Chief Executive Officer, Torsten-Müller-Ötvös. To register and join, please follow this link: https://bit.ly/3HPLlkc
- ^ Electro-offensive and number one in premium segment: BMW Group posts strong sales for 2021. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0364013EN/electro-offensive-and-number-one-in-premium-segment:-bmw-group-posts-strong-sales-for-2021. 12 Jan 2022.
- ^ Start of a new challenge: BMW M Team RLL driver line-up for the 24 Hours of Daytona has been decided. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0363934EN/start-of-a-new-challenge:-bmw-m-team-rll-driver-line-up-for-the-24-hours-of-daytona-has-been-decided. 11 Jan 2022.
- ^ Hot With Customers, The All-New Ford Bronco And Maverick Earn North American Utility And Truck Of The Year Honors. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/01/11/ford-bronco-maverick-nactoy-honors.html. 11 Jan 2022.
- ^ All-New Honda Civic Named 2022 North American Car of the Year. [Honda]. https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobiles/releases/release-350e5b1e9407802ab321ef0ddf1c81fe-all-new-honda-civic-named-2022-north-american-car-of-the-year. 11 Jan 2022.
- ^ Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Reports Record Annual Results For 2021. [Rolls-Royce Motor Cars]. https://www.press.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/rolls-royce-motor-cars-pressclub/article/detail/T0363813EN/rolls-royce-motor-cars-reports-record-annual-results-for-2021. 10 Jan 2022.
- ^ [Media Advisory] Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Invites Members Of The Media To Its 2021 Annual Sales Results Announcement. [Rolls-Royce Motor Cars]. https://www.press.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/rolls-royce-motor-cars-pressclub/article/detail/T0363835EN/media-advisory-rolls-royce-motor-cars-invites-members-of-the-media-to-its-2021-annual-sales-results-announcement. 09 Jan 2022.
This page contains affiliate links to third-party merchants such as Amazon, eBay, and Rakuten. When you make a purchase using the supplied links, we will receive a commission.