Car News Round Up, Issue 12
Published on 06 Jan 2022Written by Dr Jiulin Teng
Issue 12 of Neofiliac's Car News Round Up: This time, we bring 10 updates from BMW, Cadillac, and Chevrolet.
This Round Up provides our summaries on these latest industry news. It is made possible with our NLP-based algorithms.
News Round Up
BMW first to bring digital art into vehicles. Artist Cao Fei creates Digital Art Mode
On the occasion of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), BMW will present its Digital Art Mode and will be the first to bring digital art into vehicles. The new BMW iX M60 home to a premiere: a digital artwork symbolizing the deep connection of humankind and nature.For the very first time, the Digital Art Mode can be experienced in the new BMW iX M60 at this year’s CES. “With the new Digital Art Mode, BMW Cultural Engagement reaches new heights while creating something entirely unique,” said Christoph Grote, Senior Vice President Digital Car, BMW Group, “For the very first time, we are making digital art an integral part of the modern driving experience in a car and use innovative technology to transform mobility into an individual, highly exclusive and emotional experience.”
BMW Theatre Screen brings cinematic experience into the vehicle
My Mode Theatre transforms the rear of the interior into a private cinema lounge with surround sound and 5G connectivity thanks to the BMW Theatre Screen, a panorama display in 32:9 format. To help deliver this bold innovation, the BMW Group selected Amazon Fire TV to bring together the content and technology that makes seamless in-vehicle entertainment experiences possible. This is the first vehicle integration of Amazon Fire TV to support content in 4K, and offers the highest resolution and biggest display of any in-car Fire TV experience.
The BMW Group at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022
The vehicle in question is the new BMW iX M60 (combined electricity consumption: 24.7 – 21.7 kWh/100 km* according to WLTP; combined CO2 emissions: 0 g/km), the most powerful variant of the BMW Group's new technology flagship, which sets standards in the areas of user experience, operation and connectivity among others, as well as with its automated driving and parking functions. In addition, Digital Art Mode presents digital art in an automobile for the first time and the Theatre Mode heralds a new era for in-car entertainment. With Theatre Mode we present a spectacular in-car entertainment experience; with My Mode Digital Art, we are the first manufacturer to present digital art in an automobile."
Powder snow and fairytale castles: with the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman through the winterly Allgäu
The MINI John Cooper Works Countryman (fuel consumption combined: 8.3 - 7.6 l/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 188 - 173 g/km according to WLTP) impresses with its qualities not only on the road and on unpaved terrain, but also on snow. This makes the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman ideal for a winter excursion from Munich towards Lake Constance through the mountainous landscape of the Allgäu. In the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman, driving on narrow mountain roads and through the snowy, glittering winter wonderland can be easily enjoyed together with friends or the whole family.
The new BMW iX M60
The BMW Group presents the third, even more powerful model variant of its new technology flagship: the BMW iX M60 (combined power consumption: 24.7 - 21.7 kWh/100 km* according to WLTP; combined CO2 emissions: 0 g/km). In this way it embodies the best of the three worlds of BMW i, the BMW X models and BMW M GmbH. The extreme power and precise control of the electric all-wheel drive, together with the highly responsive actuator-based wheel slip limitation and a suspension technology that includes, among other things, an M specifically tuned dual-axle air suspension with automatic level control, ensure hallmark BMW M driving experience, agility and precision.
Magical exterior colour-change: The BMW iX Flow featuring E Ink
With the BMW iX Flow featuring E Ink being presented on the occasion of CES 2022, the Munich-based premium car manufacturer is offering the prospect of a future technology that uses digitisation to also adapt the exterior of a vehicle to different situations and individual wishes. The surface of the BMW iX Flow featuring E Ink can vary its shade at the driver's prompting. Adrian van Hooydonk, Head of BMW Group Design: "The BMW iX Flow is an advanced research and design project and a great example of the forward thinking that BMW is known for.".
New soundscapes for pure-electric driving pleasure: BMW IconicSounds Electric
“With the unparalleled experience and creativity of Hans Zimmer to count on, we are creating a unique acoustic character to our electric vehicles.” The BMW IconicSounds Electric will be available for the first time in the BMW i4 in the first half of 2022 and then also for the BMW iX in the second half of 2022. The journey to a whole new sound composition has since progressed via the acoustic pedestrian protection system introduced in 2019 for the plug-in hybrid variants of the BMW 7 Series luxury sedan all the way to the BMW IconicSounds Electric. BMW IconicSounds Electric started out as a collaboration between the BMW Group and Grammy and Academy Award-winning composer Hans Zimmer with the objective of developing a revolutionary sound design and concepts for the fleet of BMW electric vehicles and ultimately creating the sounds of the future.
Cadillac announced on 05 Jan 2022
Cadillac Introduces InnerSpace Autonomous Concept at CES 2022
Today, Cadillac expanded its vision of personal autonomous future mobility with the InnerSpace concept — a dramatic, two-passenger electric and autonomous luxury vehicle. Leveraging cutting-edge technologies designed to enhance the passenger experience along with the increased personal time enabled by fully autonomous mobility, InnerSpace grows the Cadillac Halo Concept Portfolio of vehicles envisioned to not only move passengers in a luxurious environment but enhance their well-being. Cadillac introduced the first two Halo concepts last year at CES: the PersonalSpace, a single-seat, personal vertical takeoff and landing concept designed to literally move its passenger above the din and congestion of ground traffic, and the SocialSpace, a roomy, autonomous vehicle for up to six, designed to help passengers relax and recharge.
Chevrolet announced on 05 Jan 2022
Chevrolet Previews Equinox EV
DETROIT – Chevrolet will expand its EV lineup in fall 2023 to include the Equinox EV, an affordable, functional compact SUV that will start at an estimated MSRP of around $30,0001 in the U.S. “The Equinox has always played an important role for Chevrolet as the second-highest selling brand nameplate,” said Steve Hill, Chevrolet vice president. The announcement of the Equinox EV comes on the heels of Chevy’s reveal of the 2024 Silverado EV and confirmation of the Blazer EV SUV, which will be available in spring 2023.
Chevrolet announced on 05 Jan 2022
The Pickup Reimagined: Introducing the 2024 All-Electric Chevrolet Silverado
DETROIT – Today, Chevrolet introduced the 2024 Silverado EV — the reimagining of the brand’s best-selling nameplate, packed with the power and capability expected of Chevy Trucks, offering:. Developed from the ground up as a fully-electric truck on GM’s advanced Ultium EV Platform, the Silverado EV offers a boundary-breaking combination of capability, performance and versatility, along with advanced technologies that can evolve the vehicle over time. “The Ultium Platform is a critical enabler of next-level pickup truck performance for both fleet and retail customers, whether they are currently driving a Silverado or are considering a pickup for the first time.”.
- ^ BMW first to bring digital art into vehicles. Artist Cao Fei creates Digital Art Mode. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0363253EN/bmw-first-to-bring-digital-art-into-vehicles-artist-cao-fei-creates-digital-art-mode. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ BMW Theatre Screen brings cinematic experience into the vehicle. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0363131EN/bmw-theatre-screen-brings-cinematic-experience-into-the-vehicle. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ The BMW Group at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2022. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0362758EN/the-bmw-group-at-the-consumer-electronics-show-ces-2022. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ Powder snow and fairytale castles: with the MINI John Cooper Works Countryman through the winterly Allgäu. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0362199EN/powder-snow-and-fairytale-castles:-with-the-mini-john-cooper-works-countryman-through-the-winterly-allgaeu. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ The new BMW iX M60. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0348394EN/the-new-bmw-ix-m60. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ Magical exterior colour-change: The BMW iX Flow featuring E Ink. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0363158EN/magical-exterior-colour-change:-the-bmw-ix-flow-featuring-e-ink. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ New soundscapes for pure-electric driving pleasure: BMW IconicSounds Electric. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0362873EN/new-soundscapes-for-pure-electric-driving-pleasure:-bmw-iconicsounds-electric. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ Cadillac Introduces InnerSpace Autonomous Concept at CES 2022. [Cadillac]. https://media.cadillac.com/media/us/en/cadillac/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2022/jan/ces/0105-cadillac-halo.html. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ Chevrolet Previews Equinox EV. [Chevrolet]. https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2022/jan/ces/0105-2024-equinox.html. 05 Jan 2022.
- ^ The Pickup Reimagined: Introducing the 2024 All-Electric Chevrolet Silverado. [Chevrolet]. https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2022/jan/ces/0105-2024-silverado.html. 05 Jan 2022.
This page contains affiliate links to third-party merchants such as Amazon, eBay, and Rakuten. When you make a purchase using the supplied links, we will receive a commission.