Car News Round Up, Issue 8
Published on 20 Dec 2021Written by Dr Jiulin Teng
Issue 8 of Neofiliac's Car News Round Up: This time, we bring 14 updates from BMW, Ford, GMC, and Honda.
This Round Up provides our summaries on these latest industry news. It is made possible with our NLP-based algorithms.
News Round Up
Back home: BMW Group Ambassador Alessandro Zanardi continues his recovery process at home
Five months after her first interview in July 2021, Daniela Zanardi again would like to use this opportunity to address the public and answer questions about the status of Alex’ recovery. Daniela Zanardi: “Yes, we still get a lot of messages and especially on Alex’s 55th birthday in October it was overwhelming how many people have sent him their best wishes, also via social media. This great sympathy shows how much Alex’s recovery touches the people.
The countdown is on: BMW M Motorsport teams are all set for their first races with the BMW M4 GT3 in 2022
BMW Team RLL, Turner Motorsport, Schubert Motorsport and ST Racing have already received their cars ahead of their starts in the two 24-hour races. “After all the testing, we can hardly wait for our BMW M Motorsport teams and drivers to finally go head to head with quality opposition on the racetrack,” said Mike Krack, Head of BMW M Motorsport. First up, on 14th/15th January, is the 24h Dubai, for which Schubert Motorsport has already registered BMW M works driver Nick Yelloly (GBR), Jordan Witt (GBR), Marcel Lenerz and Jens Liebhauser (both GER) for the #30 BMW M4 GT3.
The BMW Christmas film featuring star cast: Christoph Waltz on the run from Christmas encounters Oliver Zipse and the BMW iX
After Academy Award winner Christoph Waltz played a central role in the world design premiere of the BMW iX at #NEXTGen 2020, he now stars in the new BMW Christmas film. In the film he encounters two old acquaintances: Oliver Zipse, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, and the BMW iX. He is on his way to a meeting with Oliver Zipse and to the BMW iX, the BMW Group's new technology flagship that represents the future of the company: Fully electric, sustainable, featuring pioneering design and luxurious interior comfort.
BMW Group inspires talents for sustainable mobility
In this year’s “World’s Most Attractive Employer” survey of around 221,000 students from the ten most important economic nations conducted by Universum, the BMW Group was ranked as the best automotive employer worldwide among all target groups. The BMW Group consistently makes the top ten in the IT category in other relevant surveys of students and professionals in Germany, like the Trendence Graduate Barometer and the Universum Students and Professionals Study. This shows that talents in the marketplace also recognise what BMW Group staff confirm in the company’s own Employee Surveys: This year, 91 percent of them said they were proud to work for the BMW Group.
Beginning As A Cardboard Prototype, The 2022 F-150 Lightning Pickup’S Mega Power Frunk Now Boasts The Largest Front Trunk In The Truck Industry
The all-electric 2022 F-150 Lightning pickup’s new front trunk or, as it’s known in industry speak “frunk” is the largest in the truck industry – with 400 liters (14.1 cubic feet) of cargo space and maximum payload capacity of 400 pounds.1. “The F-150 Lightning pickup’s Mega Power Frunk is one of those features that reshape what vehicles can provide for customers. It’s sheer size, ample power supply, drainable floor and open and close system that opens with the touch of a button make it frunking awesome!” said Linda Zhang, F-150 Lightning Chief Program Engineer.
Mustang Mach-E Gets Updates For 2022 Model Year
The 2022 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 model is now available with electric all-wheel drive and has standard heated seats and steering wheel. Grabber Blue Metallic and Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat are now available on all models and Iced Blue Silver Metallic is new to the 2022 model year. Mustang Mach-E with standard range now has 70 kWh usable energy and available extended range now has 91 kWh usable energy.
Globalfoundries, Ford To Address Auto Chip Supply And Meet Growing Demand
Malta, New York, and Dearborn, Mich., Nov. 18, 2021 – GlobalFoundries Inc. (Nasdaq: GFS) (GF), a global leader in feature-rich semiconductor manufacturing, and Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) today announced a strategic collaboration to advance semiconductor manufacturing and technology development within the United States, aiming to boost chip supplies for Ford and the U.S. automotive industry. The companies have signed a non-binding agreement that opens the door for GF to create further semiconductor supply for Ford’s current vehicle lineup and joint research and development to address the growing demand for feature-rich chips to support the automotive industry. “It’s critical that we create new ways of working with suppliers to give Ford – and America – greater independence in delivering the technologies and features our customers will most value in the future,” said Jim Farley, Ford president and CEO.
The Future Of Custom Vehicles: Ford Unveils All-Electric F-100 Eluminator Concept With New Ev Crate Motor Customers Can Now Buy
LAS VEGAS, Nov. 2, 2021 – Ford today previews the future of electrified custom vehicles with the reveal of the all-electric F-100 Eluminator concept – a zero-tailpipe-emissions** demonstration truck powered by the all-new Ford Performance Parts Eluminator electric crate motor that customers can now buy online. Based on a heritage 1978 F-100 pickup, the F-100 Eluminator concept features all-wheel drive via two powerful electric motors shared with the 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition. Eluminator, the first e-crate motor from Ford Performance Parts, is based on the Mustang Mach-E GT’s traction motor.
Mustang Family Grows With New Limited-Edition 2022 Mustang Shelby Gt500 Heritage Edition, First-Ever Mustang Coastal Edition, Plus Ford Performance-Exclusive Code Orange Paint
With a reputation for transforming Ford Mustang into dominant road racing machines, Carroll Shelby, American racer and entrepreneur, took his legendary Mustang GT350 model further in 1967 to craft the first-generation Shelby GT500 with a modified 428-cubic-inch V8 inspired by his team’s 1-2-3 finish at Le Mans. Carroll Shelby called the original Shelby GT500 “the first real car I’m really proud of.” The Shelby GT500 is just as iconic today – as the most powerful and most advanced Mustang ever – as it was during its first iteration 55 years ago. Paying homage to the original 1967 Shelby GT500, the limited run of 2022 Mustang Shelby GT500 Heritage Edition fastbacks will be finished in a classic and exclusive, Brittany Blue exterior paint with two different Wimbledon White exterior stripe options:
Ford Pro Ceo Ted Cannis To Discuss Electrification, Commercial Vehicles, Digital Connectivity At Barclays Global Automotive And Mobility Tech Conference
DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 15, 2021 – Ted Cannis, CEO of Ford Pro, Ford’s global vehicle services and distribution business focused on helping commercial customers improve performance, will participate in a fireside chat with autos analyst Brian Johnson at the upcoming Barclays Global Automotive and Mobility Tech Conference. Cannis will describe how Ford Pro is bringing the Ford+ plan for growth and value creation to life in the commercial space by building an ecosystem of connected vehicles and technology solutions that enable commercial customers to increase uptime and reduce ownership costs. With the all-electric F-150 Lightning and E-Transit, the latter an electric version of the world’s best-selling commercial van, Ford Pro will lead in the seamless transition of businesses worldwide to EVs with smart charging solutions and real-time vehicle insights.
F-150 Lightning ‘Can Strike Anywhere’ With New 3D, Augmented Reality Experience By Ford And Google
In collaboration with Google, Ford is launching the “F-150 Lightning™: Strike Anywhere” visual experience for reservation holders, enthusiasts and vehicle shoppers who are excited to understand all of the benefits of an all-electric Built Ford Tough pickup. “At Ford, we want to show, not just tell since we believe educating customers on the full potential and capabilities of electric vehicles helps them make the transition from traditionally powered vehicles to all-electric ones. Nearly 80% of our F-150 Lightning™ reservation holders have never owned an all-electric vehicle before, so we created this campaign for them to understand and feel confident in their vehicle while also be excited to join in on the electric revolution with us.”.
Ford Reveals Bronco Dr; First-Ever Limited-Edition Production Desert Racer Designed To Take On Baja 1000 With V8 Power
DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 1, 2021 – Innovating the off-road landscape for the hardest-core enthusiasts, Bronco™ brand is taking its desert racing expertise to a new level with the all-new Ford Bronco DR – a first-of-its-kind limited-production Baja 1000 desert race SUV based on the Bronco four-door SUV. “Bronco DR is our ultimate turnkey off-road racing SUV, engineered to put enthusiasts behind the wheel of a desert racing force,” said Mark Rushbrook, Ford Performance Motorsports global director. “This collaboration between Ford Performance and Multimatic continues the Bronco desert racing legacy that dates back to Rod Hall and Larry Minor’s never-repeated overall Baja 1000 win in a stock Bronco in 1969.”.
GMC announced on 17 Dec 2021
GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 Pickup in Production, Ready for Customer Deliveries
“With our Ultium Platform as the foundation for a broad range of applications, the GMC HUMMER EV offers our customers the ultimate in capability and performance.”. VIN 001 of the Edition 1 GMC HUMMER EV Pickup was auctioned March 27, 2021, at Barrett-Jackson at a hammer price of $2.5 million with proceeds benefitting the Tunnel to Towers Foundation, an organization established to honor the memory of Sept. 11 first responder Stephen Siller. The GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1’s design features an Interstellar White exterior, unique Lunar Horizon interior and is powered by GM’s new Ultium Platform.
Honda announced on 20 Dec 2021
Honda’s “Shogo” Electric Ride-On Vehicle Brings Joy to Hospitalized Children
Honda is helping to provide comfort and joy to young, hospitalized patients with the introduction of "Shogo." Shogo is an electric ride-on vehicle for kids designed by Honda engineers to help ease the stress and anxiety of children and their families by transporting young patients throughout their hospital stay. "Creating Shogo to help support these patients during what can be a stressful time in the hospital has been a labor of love for our passionate team of Honda associates and we're especially proud to introduce Shogo during this holiday season at CHOC," said Hundy Liu, manager of national automobile advertising, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "To see the joy on the faces of these young patients when they get behind the wheel of Shogo is truly rewarding."
- ^ Back home: BMW Group Ambassador Alessandro Zanardi continues his recovery process at home. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0363093EN/back-home:-bmw-group-ambassador-alessandro-zanardi-continues-his-recovery-process-at-home. 20 Dec 2021.
- ^ The countdown is on: BMW M Motorsport teams are all set for their first races with the BMW M4 GT3 in 2022. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0363125EN/the-countdown-is-on:-bmw-m-motorsport-teams-are-all-set-for-their-first-races-with-the-bmw-m4-gt3-in-2022. 20 Dec 2021.
- ^ The BMW Christmas film featuring star cast: Christoph Waltz on the run from Christmas encounters Oliver Zipse and the BMW iX. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0362760EN/the-bmw-christmas-film-featuring-star-cast:-christoph-waltz-on-the-run-from-christmas-encounters-oliver-zipse-and-the-bmw-ix. 20 Dec 2021.
- ^ BMW Group inspires talents for sustainable mobility. [BMW]. https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0363107EN/bmw-group-inspires-talents-for-sustainable-mobility. 20 Dec 2021.
- ^ Beginning As A Cardboard Prototype, The 2022 F-150 Lightning Pickup’S Mega Power Frunk Now Boasts The Largest Front Trunk In The Truck Industry. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/16/2022-f150-lightnight-pickup-mega-power-frunk.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ Mustang Mach-E Gets Updates For 2022 Model Year. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/12/17/mustang-mach-e-gets-updates-for-2022-model-year.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ Globalfoundries, Ford To Address Auto Chip Supply And Meet Growing Demand. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/18/globalfoundries-ford-auto-chip-supply.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ The Future Of Custom Vehicles: Ford Unveils All-Electric F-100 Eluminator Concept With New Ev Crate Motor Customers Can Now Buy. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/02/all-electric-f-100-eluminator-concept.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ Mustang Family Grows With New Limited-Edition 2022 Mustang Shelby Gt500 Heritage Edition, First-Ever Mustang Coastal Edition, Plus Ford Performance-Exclusive Code Orange Paint. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/12/gt500-heritage-edition.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ Ford Pro Ceo Ted Cannis To Discuss Electrification, Commercial Vehicles, Digital Connectivity At Barclays Global Automotive And Mobility Tech Conference. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/15/ford-pro-ceo-ted-cannis-to-discuss-electrification--commercial-v.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ F-150 Lightning ‘Can Strike Anywhere’ With New 3D, Augmented Reality Experience By Ford And Google. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/09/f-150-lightning-can-strike-anywhere.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ Ford Reveals Bronco Dr; First-Ever Limited-Edition Production Desert Racer Designed To Take On Baja 1000 With V8 Power. [Ford]. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/11/01/ford-bronco-dr.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 Pickup in Production, Ready for Customer Deliveries. [GMC]. https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2021/dec/1217-hummer.html. 17 Dec 2021.
- ^ Honda’s “Shogo” Electric Ride-On Vehicle Brings Joy to Hospitalized Children. [Honda]. https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-automobiles/releases/release-bc2bc74408027960dba69cafec2a4883-hondas-shogo-electric-ride-on-vehicle-brings-joy-to-hospitalized-children. 20 Dec 2021.
This page contains affiliate links to third-party merchants such as Amazon, eBay, and Rakuten. When you make a purchase using the supplied links, we will receive a commission.