Sony Xperia 1 III Review Rundown
Sony Electronics | Published on 22 Jul 2021 | Last Edited on 31 Jul 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Sony Xperia 1 III has a triple camera setup on its back. It offers four native focal lengths, or zoom levels if you prefer. Sony touts its faster image readout and autofocus capabilities, which are carried over from Sony's mirrorless cameras.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Xperia 1 III is Sony's latest flagship smartphone. It has a lavish 6.5in 4K OLED screen and a 12MP Zeiss-branded triple-camera. It will cost £1,200, which is £100 more expensive than last year's model. However, Sony's strategy of refinement over revolution isn't necessarily to its detriment.
Reviewers from Gsmarena have found the following[***]:
The Xperia 1 III has a triple camera setup on its back. This one offers four native focal lengths, or zoom levels if you prefer. The primary one uses a Sony IMX 557 sensor, this one a type 1/1.7" Sony touts its imager of choice to be much faster to read than larger Quad Bayer and Nonapixel designs.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The slim design makes the phone feel good in the hand, and the smartphone is also well rounded at the corners. The 12-megapixel main lens simply has large pixels and does not rely on a high resolution. The display of Sony's Xperia 1 III is also a special feature: It has a 21:9 format.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia 1 III is the best smartphone the company has made for years. It offers a top-tier smartphone display, great battery life and a versatile camera that's easier to use than those on previous Sony handsets. It isn't the right phone for everyone – there are some unique elements to Sony's approach to handsets that means it may not be for you – but if you like Sony smartphones, or you're willing to try something a bit different, this could be forYou.
Reviewers from Whathifi have found the following[***]:
The Sony Xperia 1 III is the company's latest flagship phone. The design has been tweaked, the battery boosted and the 4K display now has a 120Hz refresh rate and there's an upgraded chipset and GPU. It's a 6.5-inch OLED, 21:9 aspect ratio screen, which is designed to maximise your enjoyment of movies ‘as the creator intended’ It has a triple camera set-up with that new 12MP f/2.3 telephoto lens.
- 1. ^ Sony Xperia 1 III review: Nearly brilliant. Expertreviews. 2021-07-20. Retrieved 2021-07-22.
- 2. ^ Sony Xperia 1 III review. Gsmarena. 2021-07-05. Retrieved 2021-07-06.
- 3. ^ Sony Xperia 1 III smartphone review - Camera phone with variable telephoto focal length. Notebookcheck. 2021-07-23. Retrieved 2021-07-24.
- 4. ^ Sony Xperia 1 III review. Techradar. 2021-07-01. Retrieved 2021-07-04.
- 5. ^ Sony Xperia 1 III review. Whathifi. 2021-07-30. Retrieved 2021-07-31.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.