Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 Review Rundown
Dell | Published on 18 Jun 2021 | Last Edited on 12 Jul 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The Alienware m15 R5 is a 15-inch gaming laptop powered by AMD CPUs. It's the first time in more than a decade that Alienware has used an AMD CPU in one of its laptops. First the first time, Dell has made available a 360Hz FHD display for the m15 R5. This panel has a response time of just 1ms and is the fastest on the market today.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
The Alienware m15 R5 is a 15-inch gaming laptop powered by AMD processors. It's the first time Alienware has used an AMD CPU in a laptop in more than a decade. The laptop also has better cooling, new display options, and a mechanical keyboard. But it's a little pricey for the performance.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
Alienware now offers the gaming laptop m15 R5 as Ryzen Edition with a modern AMD processor. You get a 1080p screen with fast response times and 165 Hz refresh rate by default, but you can also upgrade to a QHD panel with 240 Hz and G-Sync support. The system performance is excellent thanks to the powerful components.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Alienware m15 R5 is an appealing midrange package at a very fair price. The base model starts at $1,567.99, which nets you an eight-core, 16-thread AMD Ryzen R7 5800H processor. Despite its fancy features, our review configuration's price puts it in the midrange gaming tier.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
The new Alienware M15 R5 is a slight undoing of progress, depending on how you look at it. Its design has been tweaked slightly in ways both good and bad, and it has fewer ports than before. AMD's high-end mobile processors have been a boon to gaming laptops for the last couple of years.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 has a 15.6 inch 1920 x 1080 IPS display with a 165Hz refresh rate. It's the first time we've tested a 45W CPU with an RTX 3060 laptop GPU. On Geekbench 5, it hit 1,427 points on single-core tests and 7,288 points on multi-core.
- 1. ^ Alienware Picked a Good Time to Get Back on Board With AMD. Gizmodo. 2021-06-16. Retrieved 2021-06-18.
- 2. ^ Alienware m15 R5 Ryzen Edition Laptop Review - More performance for less money. Notebookcheck. 2021-06-23. Retrieved 2021-06-24.
- 3. ^ Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 Review. Pcmag. 2021-05-25. Retrieved 2021-05-26.
- 4. ^ Alienware M15 R5 Ryzen Edition review: the right parts at a high price . Theverge. 2021-06-04. Retrieved 2021-07-12.
- 5. ^ Alienware m15 Ryzen Edition R5 Review: Team Red’s Blasting Off Again. Tomshardware. 2021-05-18. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.