Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Review Rundown
The Oppo Reno 10x Zoom boasts not only a 48MP main camera but also a 13MP periscope telephoto unit with 5x optical zoom and 10x hybrid zoom as well as a motorized pop-up selfie camera. It offers terrific camera performance, particularly for macro photography.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Anandtech have found the following[***]:
The Oppo Reno 10x Zoom is another Snapdragon 855-based phone that was released earlier in the year. Key to the phone's fullscreen display design, featuring no large bezels, notchces or camera cut-outs. The main camera sensor is again the familiar IMX586 from Sony, but offers a quad-bayer colour filter layout with an effective resolution of 12MP.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Reno 10x Zoom has a special pop-up camera that takes up the majority of the phone's top. The camera can be used for face unlock, but it's not as good as the OnePlus 7 Pro or the Asus Zenfone 6, because it doesn't intelligently open and close. The Reno's clumsy name refers to the camera's special feature — a 10x zoom, meaning Oppo's gunning for the Huawei P30 Pro.
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Oppo Reno 10x Zoom has three rear cameras and a front-facing selfie camera. It also has a long-reach zoom and ultra-wide-angle lenses. The phone is heavier than an iPhone Xs Max and has a larger 6.6in screen. It's one of the nicest phones I've come across and it's topped off by a pretty decent display, too.
Reviewers from Gsmarena have found the following[***]:
The Oppo Reno 10x zoom has a 48MP primary module, with bright and stabilized lens. It also has an 8MP ultra-wide-angle snapper, and a 13MP snapper with periscopic lens for 5x optical and 10x hybrid zoom. The phone also has a motorized pop-up selfie camera that makes it pretty much impossible to secure against water.
Reviewers from Gsmarena have found the following[***]:
Oppo's Reno 10x zoom has a periscope telephoto camera on the back that gets you 10 times closer to the action thanks to a 'lossless' hybrid zoom. The camera sits flush with the Gorilla Glass 5 back panel and if you're worried about them scratching, Oppo's got you covered. The phone has three cameras on its back - a'regular' one, an ultra-wide, and a telephoto.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom will be available in early June throughout Europe at a suggested price of 799 euros. The front camera is hidden inside the frame of the device with the new shark fin slider system. OPPO has tested the mechanism for 200 thousand times and has equipped it with a safety system in case of accidental fall of the smartphone.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
Oppo Reno 10x Zoom is one of the company's latest offerings, with an array of cool features at a very attractive price. True to its name, it offers terrific camera performance, particularly for macro photography. For less money, the Xiaomi Mi 9 delivers a similar overall experience, earning our Editors' Choice.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
Oppo's latest smartphone is equipped with an eye-popping 6.6-inch display, surrounded with the thinnest of bezels. To achieve this, the front-facing camera is hidden inside the phone and pops out only on demand. The futuristic design, coupled with an impressive periscope camera with up to 10x zoom, make for a great phone on paper.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
Oppo's Reno 10x Zoom has a 48Mp, f/1.7 primary lens, backed up by an 8Mp ultra-wide angle and a 13Mp 5x optical telephoto. There's also the usual bevy of AI features to look forward to, along with ‘Ultra-Night Mode 2.0' The phone is capable of shooting in 4K at up to 60fps, and there's support for 360-degree audio recording and Dolby Atmos playback on the stereo speakers.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Oppo Reno 10x Zoom is a high-mid-range phone with a pop-up selfie camera. The phone is available in the UK, Australia, Europe, Middle East and Asia. It costs £699 / AU$1,199 / AED 3,299 (about $889) - about the same price as the Huawei P30 Pro and the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Oppo Reno 10x Zoom is the high-end version of Oppo's latest smartphone product line. It features a pop-up front camera and a 13MP telephoto lens. The Reno's image is surprisingly brighter than the P30's, but the Oppo phone's lower resolution costs it dearly in overall quality.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Oppo Reno 10x Zoom is the company's first smartphone zoom camera. It features a 48-megapixel IMX586 sensor, a 13- megapixel telephoto sensor and an 8-Megapixel ultra-wide angle lens. The camera is capable of lossless optical zoom and works in tandem with the phone's main sensor at higher magnification levels.
- 1. ^ The OPPO Reno 10x Zoom Review: Bezeless Zoom. Anandtech. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ Oppo Reno 10x Zoom review. Digitaltrends. 2019-07-22. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Oppo Reno 10x Zoom review: A classy, fast, long-lasting phone. Expertreviews. 2019-07-12. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ Oppo Reno 10x zoom review. Gsmarena. 2021-03-15. Retrieved 2021-03-12.
- 5. ^ Oppo Reno 10x zoom hands-on review. Gsmarena. 2021-03-15. Retrieved 2021-03-12.
- 6. ^ OPPO Reno 10x Zoom hands-on: worth a closer look. Nextpit. 2019-04-26. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 7. ^ Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Review. Pcmag. 2019-08-05. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 8. ^ Oppo Reno 10x Zoom review. Phonearena. 2019-06-04. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 9. ^ Oppo Reno 10x Zoom review. Techadvisor. 2019-10-24. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 10. ^ Oppo Reno 10x Zoom review. Techradar. 2019-10-16. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 11. ^ Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Review: Why Can’t Samsung Do This?. Tomsguide. 2019-08-12. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 12. ^ Oppo Reno 10x Zoom Review. Trustedreviews. 2019-07-24. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.