SteelSeries Rival 5 Review Rundown
SteelSeries | Published on 14 Jun 2021 | Last Edited on 12 Jul 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The SteelSeries Rival 5 is a mid-range addition to the Rival series of gaming mice. At $59, it comes in above the Rival 3 but well below the Rival 600 and Rival 650. It doesn't have tunable weights, but it does have a comfortable, ergonomic grip and gorgeous LED lighting strips.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
For $60, the Rival 5 gets you a lightweight mouse with an attractive exterior. SteelSeries' GG software allows for quick and easy tinkering to mess with RGB illumination, macros, button profiles and more. The polling rate of this affordable gaming mouse isn't as high as it is on some of its competitors.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Steelseries Rival 5 is a wired first-person shooter (FPS) mouse. It has nine buttons, a solid shape with a good grip, and lots of RGBs. Unfortunately, the under-thumb “sniper” button on the side of the mouse is difficult to reach.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The SteelSeries Rival 5 is a mid-range addition to the Rival series of gaming mice. At $59, it comes in above the $30 (£23, AUS$46) Rival 3 and well below the $79 (£79, about AU$100) Rivals 600 and 650. SteelSeries has kept the exceptional light show on display with custom RGB lighting zones at the mouse wheel and the palm rest.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The SteelSeries Rival 5 is an ergonomic right-handed mouse with a high ridged palm rest. There are two thin thumb buttons, as well as a “sniper” thumb button that temporarily lowers DPI by default. The idea is that you rest your thumb on this long, thin button and press it either up or down.
- 1. ^ SteelSeries Rival 5 gaming mouse review. Laptopmag. 2021-07-11. Retrieved 2021-07-12.
- 2. ^ Steelseries Rival 5 Gaming Mouse Review. Pcmag. 2021-06-22. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- 3. ^ Steelseries Rival 5 gaming mouse review. Techradar. 2021-06-10. Retrieved 2021-06-14.
- 4. ^ SteelSeries Rival 5 review. Tomsguide. 2021-05-20. Retrieved 2021-05-22.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.