Samyang AF 75mm F1.8 Review Rundown
Samyang AF 75/1.8 focuses as quickly as Sony's own FE 1.8/85. At 2m distance, sharpness in the center is excellent and the midframe area is very sharp. At just 230g the Samyang is by some margin the lightest and smallest E-mount lens above 55mm.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Phillipreeve have found the following[***]:
At just 230g the Samyang 75/1.8 is by some margin the lightest and smallest E-mount lens above 55mm. It focuses as quick as the Sony FE 1.8/85. Samyang lenses in general are a bit weaker in flare resistance, probably another cost saving measure as less effecitve coatings will save some money. If you want better flare resistance you will have to invest quite abit more.
Reviewers from Sonyalpha have found the following[***]:
The Samyang 75mm F1.8 AF (440 euros) is an excellent lens for Sony A7 system. It is an unusual focal length but very practical on day to day. The lens is designed to get a maximum of performances in the smallest form factor possible Everything is not perfect but the lens scores very well on all the main points.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Rokinon 75mm F1.8 AF Sony E is a low-cost lens with full-frame coverage. It supports all of the advanced autofocus features of the Sony cameras with which it works. Optics aren't top-notch, and the lens skips out on weather protection. We think it's worth it to spend $200 more and go with the Sony FE 85mm F 1.8 instead.
- 1. ^ Review: Samyang AF 75/1.8 FE. Phillipreeve. 2021-04-12. Retrieved 2021-04-13.
- 2. ^ Samyang 75mm F1.8 AF. Sonyalpha. 2020-06-14. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- 3. ^ Rokinon 75mm F1.8 AF Sony E Review. Pcmag. 2020-07-17. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.