Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Review Rundown
Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM is aimed at being the best 35mm for Sony E mount. Its build quality is top notch like all GM primes. With a f/1.4 maximum aperture at the versatile 35mm focal length, the FE 35mm 1.4 GM replaces the Zeiss-branded lens from 2015.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Sonyalpha have found the following[***]:
Sony 35mm F1.4 GM is aimed at being the best 35mm for Sony E mount. Its build quality is top notch like all GM primes. Its ergonomics are very good with the excellent aperture ring that can be switched to click or clickless. AF is super fast accurate and silent both in photo and video. Eye AF / Tracking is working perfectly.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The FE 35mm F1.4 GM occupies a place among Sony's top tier of lenses. It's a notable update, one that's better optically and less expensive at introduction. Autofocus is quick and reliable, and the manual focus experience is excellent. Even shot wide open, the lens nets excellent clarity.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM is aimed at professional photographers and videographers. Features a manual aperture ring that can be set to stepped for photographers with third stop increments, or stepless for videographers, as well as an 'A' setting. Construction is a mixture of metal and plastic, as is the norm for many lenses, but this doesn't detract from the premium look and feel you'd expect from a G Master lens.
- 1. ^ Sony 35mm F1.4 GM. Sonyalpha. 2021-02-28. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- 2. ^ Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Review. Pcmag. 2021-06-04. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- 3. ^ Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM review. Techradar. 2021-01-13. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.