Tamron 24mm F2.8 Review Rundown
Tamron 24mm f/2.8 is a very sharp lens with good flare resistance and the unique feature of 1:2 magnification. It is pretty slow to focus and also one of the hardest AF lenses to focus manually. Tamron's own zoom lens is an attractive alternative to this prime since it does neither have the focus issues nor the very strong distortion.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Phillipreeve have found the following[***]:
The Tamron 24mm f/2.8 is a very sharp lens with good flare resistance and the unique feature of 1:2 magnification. There are two weaknesses which weigh rather heavily in my eyes though. The Tamron 2.8/24's hood is made from plastics, locks safely into place and protects the front of the lens well.
Reviewers from Sonyalpha have found the following[***]:
Tamron 24mm F2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 is part of a series of new lenses designed for Sony mirrorless. All have same compact design with same size, same filter, same aperture, same magnification ratio (1:2) and very close focusing distance and almost same weight (5g difference)
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2 is one of three low-cost prime lenses. It's designed and sold exclusively for use with Sony mirrorless cameras. The lens is sturdily built, with dust and splash protection. Autofocus isn't as speedy or as quiet as pricier alternatives.
- 1. ^ Review: Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2. Phillipreeve. 2019-12-15. Retrieved 2021-03-15.
- 2. ^ Tamron 24mm F2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2 (F051). Sonyalpha. 2019-12-04. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- 3. ^ Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2 Review. Pcmag. 2020-02-05. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.