Fujifilm instax mini 40 Review Rundown
Fujifilm | Published on 20 May 2021 | Last Edited on 22 May 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The Mini 40 is essentially an Instax Mini 11 with a retro-styled body. Like the new Mini 11, the Mini 40 picks up a new close-focus “selfie” mode. Unlike some older Instax cameras, the Mini 40 is also now fully automatic. If you're looking for a fun, easy-to-use instant camera that's stylish to boot, this is an excellent choice.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
Fujifilm's new Instax Mini 40 is an entry-level instant camera. Features a vintage-inspired black leather-effect finish with silver accents. Comes with a matching wrist strap and a pair of AA batteries. Like the new Mini 11, the Mini 40 picks up a new close-focus “selfie” mode.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Fujifilm Instax Mini 40 is a more grown-up alternative to the Mini 11. Automatic exposure and a variable-speed shutter return take a lot of the uncertainty out of using instant film. An adjustable lens barrel adds the extra versatility of close-up shooting – without the need for easily lost attachments.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
The Mini 40 is an entry-level instant film camera with only two settings and two buttons. What sets this camera apart is its vintage film camera look, complete with a plastic faux leather body and metallic-looking plastic rails. The camera's all-plastic housing makes it very light and easy to take anywhere.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 40 is an easy-to-use instant camera. It prints photos on credit-card sized Instax film with a cool retro style. It has a retractable 60mm f/12.7 lens that matches the one on the Mini 11. Selfie mode can be used for close-up photography, too.
- 1. ^ Fujifilm Instax Mini 40 review: A fun, retro-styled point-and-shoot camera. Expertreviews. 2021-05-18. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
- 2. ^ Fujifilm Instax Mini 40 review. Techradar. 2021-04-21. Retrieved 2021-04-23.
- 3. ^ Fujifilm’s new Instax Mini 40 is a $100 vintage-looking toy. Theverge. 2021-04-07. Retrieved 2021-05-22.
- 4. ^ Fujifilm Instax Mini 40 review: A stylishly retro instant camera. Tomsguide. 2021-04-23. Retrieved 2021-04-25.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.