Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Review Rundown
Bowers & Wilkins | Published on 15 May 2021 | Last Edited on 26 May 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The Bowers & Wilkins PI7 are the company's first true wireless earbuds. They're also among the priciest buds around, which should come as no real surprise. The PI7's headline-grabbing feature is the charging case's ability to function as a Bluetooth transmitter. It can be connected to any non-Bluetooth output and retransmit audio.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Bowers & Wilkins PI7 are the company's first pair of true wireless earbuds. The PI7 offer noise-cancellation, ambient sound passthrough and an IP54 rating for water and dust resistance. The included charging case can be connected to any non-Bluetooth output and retransmit audio.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The Bowers & Wilkins PI7 is available directly from B&W and up for pre-order at major online retailers. These buds boast Dual Hybrid Drive units with individual amplifiers for each driver. They also support 24-bit sound and Qualcomm's latest aptX Adaptive codec.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Bowers & Wilkins PI7 noise-cancelling true wireless earphones have been in the works for quite a while. Internally, the earpieces house a 9.2mm dynamic driver and a single balanced armature driver for the higher frequencies. Each earpiece also houses three mics for the noise cancellation circuitry.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Bowers & Wilkins PI7 are a pair of noise-cancelling true wireless earbuds. They cost a not-inconsiderable $399 / £349 / AU$599. Despite the 8g per earbud weight, the PI7 remain secure and comfortable for a good while.
Reviewers from Whathifi have found the following[***]:
The B& Wilkins PI7 are the firm's first pair of true wireless earbuds. Beautifully finished with brushed gold accents on the mics and on the circular capacitive control pad above the driver housing. Each earpiece features a dual-driver arrangement: a balanced armature for the high-frequencies, with mids and lows handled by a 9.2mm dynamic driver. Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX Adaptive means aptX HD and aptX Low Latency are all onboard from your source player.
- 1. ^ Bowers & Wilkins PI7 review: Innovative noise-cancelling earbuds that sound sensational. Expertreviews. 2021-04-30. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- 2. ^ Bowers & Wilkins PI7 review. Laptopmag. 2021-05-16. Retrieved 2021-05-18.
- 3. ^ Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Review. Pcmag. 2021-04-21. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- 4. ^ Bowers & Wilkins PI7 review. Techradar. 2021-05-07. Retrieved 2021-05-09.
- 5. ^ Bowers & Wilkins PI7 review. Whathifi. 2021-05-25. Retrieved 2021-05-26.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.