Mi 11 Ultra Review Rundown
Xiaomi | Published on 27 Apr 2021 | Last Edited on 22 Jul 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra has three rear cameras: a 50MP main, 48MP ultra-wide and 48MP telephoto snapper. It also has a top-spec display, powerful processor and top camera smarts. Its screen is one of the best we've used on a phone, despite the Mi 11's 6.81-inch screen. It is heavier than the Galaxy S21 Ultra and the iPhone 12 Pro Max.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Anandtech have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi's new Mi 11 Ultra has a much more massive and technically superior camera array. Xiaomi's implementation is actually the technically superior one as it takes advantage of the dual-resolution nature of the quad-Bayer sensors. The phone is IP68 water resistant which is a feature the Mi 11 doesn't have, along with added in WiFi 6E capability.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra is the first phone to use Samsung and Xiaomi's jointly developed 50-megapixel GN2 camera. It's the first time the GN2 sensor has been used on a phone, so a few issues are to be expected. Xiaomi does not sell its smartphones officially in the U.S., so you'll have to import if you want one.
Reviewers from Gsmarena have found the following[***]:
The Mi 11 Ultra features the Snapdragon 888 chipset, the go-to silicon for a flagship in 2021. The display supports HDR10+, but also Dolby Vision - you don't get that on the Mi 11 proper. We're used to expecting a significant hike in noise when shooting in the full-res modes, but that's not the case with theMi 11 Ultra. The main camera is handled by the 1.4x zoom, or 33mm or 0.5x for selfies.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra was launched in Europe on May 4, 2021, at the sweet price of €1,199. It features a triple camera module, including a 50 MP Samsung GN2 main sensor, a Snapdragon 888 chipset mated to 12 GB of RAM, an AMOLED display with a 120 Hz refresh rate and WQHD+ resolution, and a secondary display on the back. The phone has a 5,000 mAh battery that plays nice with 67-watts fast charging capability.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra is a flagship smartphone that can go toe-to-toe with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and the Oppo X3 Pro. It has the largest camera sensor to ever be featured in a smartphone and runs Android 11 (security patch level at the time of our review: April, 2021) The phone is able to achieve 40 FPS on the Ultra HD preset in PUBG Mobile.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra is an all-around mega-mobile, with a top-spec display, powerful processor and top camera smarts completing the package. It has three rear cameras: a 50MP main, 48MP ultra-wide and 48MP telephoto snapper. The phone will go on sale in the UK at some point in April 2021, and its possible it'll grace the Australian shores too. Xiaomi doesn't sell its phones in the US, so you'll have to stick with your primitive single-screen phones.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra has the exact same display as the ‘vanilla’ Mi 11 – it's a 6.81-inch smartphone-screen powerhouse, curved at the edges, with a cut-out for the front camera in the top-left corner. The phone has dimensions of 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.4mm – the camera bump isn't included there, but we'd estimate that it pushes the thickness over 10mm. It's hard to fit the phone in a smaller pocket – we sometimes found ourselves carrying it in our backpack because it just didn't fit in some of our jeans. The in-the-box case barely covers the phone, and the bump is left totally exposed when the case is used.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra will be coming to the U.K., though it will skip U.S. due to dispute with government. Xiaomi has shoehorned a Snapdragon 888, 12GB RAM and 256GB storage. There aren't many phones with better specs, so you can rest assured the Mi 11Ultra will handle any app or game you want to run on it.
- 1. ^ The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra Review: Big and Fast, but Inefficient. Anandtech. 2021-07-20. Retrieved 2021-07-22.
- 2. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra review: Almost, but not quite Ultra enough. Digitaltrends. 2021-04-26. Retrieved 2021-04-27.
- 3. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra review. Gsmarena. 2021-04-27. Retrieved 2021-04-28.
- 4. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra review: The ultimate Android flagship?. Nextpit. 2021-05-06. Retrieved 2021-05-07.
- 5. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra Review - A true heavyweight in the smartphone space. Notebookcheck. 2021-06-13. Retrieved 2021-06-14.
- 6. ^ Hands on: Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra review. Techradar. 2021-04-09. Retrieved 2021-04-11.
- 7. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra review. Techradar. 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2021-05-15.
- 8. ^ Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra review. Tomsguide. 2021-04-25. Retrieved 2021-04-26.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.