ASUS RT-AX82U Review Rundown
The Asus RT-AX82U is a dual-band Wi-Fi 6 router. It's designed to appeal to a more casual gaming audience, while providing additional features for busy households. It doesn't include a modem, though it provides a dedicated Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to your existing modem or router to use your broadband connection.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
Asus RT-AX82U promises next-gen wireless for a much lower price. The 5GHz radio has the same maximum connection rate of 4,800Mbits/sec and there's 4x4 MU-MIMO, with full support for 160MHz channels. Features include outbound VPN support and a built-in VPN server for securely accessing your home network from elsewhere.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Asus RT-AX82U offers dual-band Wi-Fi 6 with a top speed of 5400Mbps (5.4Gbps) It doesn't include a modem, so it provides a dedicated Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to your existing modem or router in order to use your broadband connection. There's also a security feature called AiProtection that monitors your network for malware and hacking attempts from malicious web sites.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The Asus RT-AX82U is a mid-range gaming router. It has a single WAN port and four LAN ports, one of which is designated as a dedicated Gaming Port. It supports the latest generation of wireless connectivity, Wi-Fi 6, and has 160 Mbps channels. One minor downside is the lack of WTFast integration.
- 1. ^ Asus RT-AX82U review: An affordable next-gen solution. Expertreviews. 2021-04-23. Retrieved 2021-04-23.
- 2. ^ Asus RT-AX82U review. Techradar. 2020-12-22. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Asus RT-AX82U Gaming Router Review: Solid Mid-Range Performance, Plus RGB. Tomshardware. 2020-12-27. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.