MSI GP66 Leopard (2021) Review Rundown
MSI (Micro-Star International) | Published on 19 Apr 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The GP66 Leopard is built for power. The biggest physical change from the GP65 to the GP66 is the larger rear in order to accommodate a more powerful cooling solution.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
MSI is one of several laptop makers to update its line of gaming laptops with Nvidia's RTX 30-series GPU. The GP66 Leopard is built for power, and its battery life falls in line with other similar gaming laptops. It's all the essentials of a desktop packed into the footprint of a laptop.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The GP66 has a larger rear in order to accommodate a more powerful cooling solution. The keyboard deck exhibits just minimal flexing and creaking when bending or twisting its front corners. The plastic clickpad is relatively small with a smooth glide at medium-fast speeds. 4K video playback at 60 FPS is smooth and with no dropped frames.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
MSI's GP66 Leopard is a revamp of the 2019 GP65 Leopard. It uses Intel's eight-core Core i7-10870H and Nvidia's brand-spanking-new RTX 3070 mobile graphics card. The Leopard employs MSI's “Cooler Boost” system that includes two fans and six heat pipes.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The MSI GP66 Leopard is a powerhouse gaming notebook. It has an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 and an Intel Core i7-10870H. The Leopard's 65W battery isn't going to last it terribly long on a charge. It sells for $1,799.00 to start, $2,599 as tested.
- 1. ^ MSI's GP66 Leopard Puts Desktop Performance in a Gaming Laptop. Gizmodo. 2021-02-12. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ MSI GP66 Leopard 10UG Laptop Review: A Complete Series Overhaul. Notebookcheck. 2021-04-19. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- 3. ^ MSI GP66 Leopard review: substance over style. Theverge. 2021-01-26. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ MSI GP66 Leopard Review: Subtle Powerhouse. Tomshardware. 2021-03-01. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.