SiteGround Shared Hosting Review Rundown
SiteGround has solid shared hosting plans, but they aren't the most robust. It is a decent option for personal blogs and doesn't require much setup, and it is this market that SiteGround has been targeting.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
SiteGround has solid shared hosting plans, but they aren't as robust as HostGators' offerings. SiteGround's base WordPress tier, StartUp, offers a skimpy 10GB of storage, a mere 10,000 monthly visitors. The top-tier Managed plan adds site staging so you can experiment with site changes.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
SiteGround has a solid reputation when it comes to working in and around the WordPress space. The StartUp hosting plan costs £2.95 / $3.95 per month. The GrowBig plan offers double the web space, and caters for around 25,000 monthly visitors. SiteGround also has Weebly support for your delectation.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
SiteGround's GrowBig plan gives you 20GB storage and supports as many domains as you can host within that limit. There's free transfer of one existing website, a Nginx and Memcached-based SuperCacher scheme to accelerate performance on busy sites. Staging is a very useful feature, often only available in specialist managed WordPress hosting plans. Management tasks are carried out via SiteGround's own Site Tools console.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
SiteGround makes managed WordPress installations standard, and offers unmetered traffic and unlimited databases. SiteGround offers 24/7 support by phone and live chat. All SiteGround plans include the Cloudflare CDN (content delivery network), which protects your site against distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- 1. ^ SiteGround Web Hosting Review. Pcmag. 2020-09-18. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ SiteGround review. Techadvisor. 2019-06-24. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ SiteGround review. Techradar. 2020-09-02. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ SiteGround review. Tomsguide. 2021-04-19. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.