MSI Stealth 15M A11U Review Rundown
MSI (Micro-Star International) | Published on 10 Apr 2021 | Last Edited on 28 May 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
MSI is one of the best makers of powerful but still portable gaming laptops. Not only is the Stealth 15M the thinnest 15-inch gaming laptop you can get right now, it features a 144 Hz screen combined with surprisingly solid battery life. While there is some flex to its inner deck, for a system that's thinner and lighter than an XPS 15, the stealth 15M feels quite solid.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
MSI's Stealth 15M is one of the best makers of powerful but still portable gaming laptops. It has a matte carbon gray aluminum body (also available in white for a small premium) The selection of ports is also good: one USB-C port with Thunderbolt 4, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI 2 port.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
MSI doesn't directly sell the MSI Stealth 15M model we reviewed, but you can get it configured the same way on XoticPC's website. The 15.6-inch, 1920 x 1080-pixel at 144Hz display looks arguably worse than those on some cheap gaming laptops. The keyboard is rather comfortable, providing meaty, if not clicky enough, feedback.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Stealth 15M uses similar metal chassis materials for a similar look and feel. Its slim and sleek design is arguably attractive, but the base and lid are very prone to flexing. The low weight is an important characteristic as the system is roughly 300 g lighter than many of its 15.6-inch competitors including the XPS 15. The panel covers almost all of sRGB and approximately 60 percent of AdobeRGB.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
MSI's Stealth 15M is about as portable as it gets in 2021 for a gaming rig. The 15.6-inch display features full HD (1080p) resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate. The 14-inch Acer Predator Triton 300 SE is a superior value with similar performance.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
MSI's Stealth 15M is a gaming laptop for people who'd prefer to keep their gaming habit a secret. Its fans are almost always audibly whirring, and the whining only gets louder with demanding applications and games. MSI set the maximum power draw of the RTX 3060 inside of it to just 65W, which is almost the lowest-possible power requirement the spec allows.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
MSI introduced its Stealth 15M thin and light gaming laptop line last year in an attempt to appeal to gamers who like their laptops to moonlight in officework. This year's $1,600 refresh incorporates an RTX 3060 into its subdued chassis. Opening the laptop's lid shows off slight hints of gamer aesthetic thanks to a honeycomb vent pattern that sits above the keyboard.
- 1. ^ MSI's Stealth 15M Is the Most Portable 15-inch Gaming Laptop You Can Buy. Gizmodo. 2021-02-23. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ MSI Stealth 15M review: A budget gaming laptop with a premium price. Laptopmag. 2021-05-23. Retrieved 2021-05-28.
- 3. ^ MSI Stealth 15M GeForce RTX Laptop Review: Faster Graphics than the Dell XPS 15, HP Spectre x360, or Asus ZenBook. Notebookcheck. 2021-02-24. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ MSI Stealth 15M Review. Pcmag. 2021-04-09. Retrieved 2021-04-10.
- 5. ^ MSI Stealth 15M review: thin doesn’t always win. Theverge. 2021-04-16. Retrieved 2021-05-28.
- 6. ^ MSI Stealth 15M Review: Crouching RTX, Hidden Dragon Center. Tomshardware. 2021-04-13. Retrieved 2021-04-14.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.