Mercedes E-Class C238 Coupe / A238 Cabriolet Review Rundown
The facelifted 5th-gen E-class C238 Coupe and A238 Cabriolet share design, mechanical, and technology updates with the facelifted E-class W213 Sedan and S213 Wagon. They are electrified with integrated starter-generator. The DYNAMIC BODY CONTROL suspension with adjustable damping is available as optional equipment. The updated infotainment system MBUX is standard on all vehicles.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Find Related Products (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Autocar have found the following[***]:
For 2020, the E-Class range has been facelifted, and in the case of this range-topping E450 Cabriolet, that facelift is a fairly significant one. In E450 guise, the engine alone kicks out a meaty 362bhp and 369lb ft, while the EQ Boost system can dish out an additional 22bhp at a moments notice. As was the case in the old E450, this is all directed to the road via a nine-speed automatic transmission and Merc's 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
Reviewers from Autoexpress have found the following[***]:
The Mercedes-AMG E 53 Cabriolet is the most performance-focused version of the two-door E-Class line-up. A host of mid-life updates introduce a range of changes to the E 53's in-car tech and styling. The cabin remains as luxurious and as flawless as ever, but now benefits from Mercedes's latest iteration of its MBUX infotainment system. However, the same could be said of the E 400 d, and that feels faster in the real world while using less fuel.
Reviewers from Cnet have found the following[***]:
The 2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Cabriolet starts at $845 including a $995 destination fee. The heart of the E53 is its 3.0-liter turbocharged I6 engine with mild-hybrid assist. Accelerating to 60 mph takes a scant 4.4 seconds, which is pretty good for a 4,566-pound convertible.
- 1. ^ Mercedes-Benz E-Class E450 Cabriolet 2020 review. Autocar. 2020-08-09. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ New Mercedes-AMG E 53 Cabriolet 2020 review. Autoexpress. 2020-09-25. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ 2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Cabriolet review: High-tech and handsome. Cnet. 2021-04-08. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.