LG gram 17 2021 Review Rundown
LG Electronics | Published on 08 Apr 2021 | Last Edited on 06 Jul 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
LG Gram 17 is one of the best laptops you can buy with a 17-inch QHD display. With either an Intel Core i5-1135G7 or Core i7-1165G7 inside, the LG Gram 17 (2021) enjoys a significant performance boost over last year's model. It's still ludicrously light and portable for a 17-inch laptop, but this year's version has better battery life, improved connectivity, and faster performance.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
LG's Gram 17 aims to pack as much machine into as light a chassis as possible. By comparison, the Dell XPS 17 weighs 5.53 pounds with touch and its 97 watt-hour battery. LG did run the Gram 17 through MIL-STD-810G military testing, so there's some objective data.
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
LG's Gram 17 is still the lightest 17in laptop you can buy. The only threat to its lightweight laptop crown comes from the new LG Gram 16. There are some small changes to the look of the laptop and LG has moved to USB-C charging this year. Samsung's Galaxy Book Ion provides the strongest challenge.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The LG Gram 17 has a gorgeous 17-inch QHD display. No competing large laptop at any price can compare with the Gram 17's astonishingly light weight. With a latest-generation Core i7 processor and 16GB of memory, our Gram 17 review unit made short work of every task.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
LG's gram line hasn't really changed much over the years when it comes to look and feel but this 2021 model (the 17Z90P) has a new design. At just 1.35kg, it's lighter than a lot of 16- or even 15in laptops. There are now two USB-C ports (Thunderbolt 4 to boot - for up to 8K displays and 40Gbps speeds) and LG is using this for charging now instead of a traditional barrel charger. Speakers are often a weak area of laptops but the LG gram 17 has always had particularly weedy ones and last year's chassis vibrated if you pushed the volume high.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The LG Gram 17 (2021) is the latest 17-inch variant of the company's so far superb lineup of productivity-oriented laptops. Powered by Intel's 11th-generation mobile processors, the laptop mostly allows for fast, hassle-free productivity to make your workload seamless. Weighing in at 2.98 pounds (1.35kg), the laptop is fascinatingly lightweight, especially impressive given the extra bulk that 17- inch screen provides. It's on sale now for $1,799 / £1,599 (around AU$2,300)
- 1. ^ LG Gram 17 (2021) review: Large and light on its feet. Digitaltrends. 2021-07-03. Retrieved 2021-07-06.
- 2. ^ LG Gram 17 (2021) review: Light it up. Expertreviews. 2021-04-01. Retrieved 2021-04-02.
- 3. ^ LG Gram 17 (2021) Review. Pcmag. 2021-04-07. Retrieved 2021-04-08.
- 4. ^ LG gram 17 (2021) review. Techadvisor. Retrieved 2021-03-26.
- 5. ^ LG Gram 17 (2021) review. Techradar. 2021-04-21. Retrieved 2021-04-22.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.