Toyota Highlander Review Rundown
The Toyota Highlander is a large SUV with a 20-year history in North America and Japan. The Highlander Hybrid gets Toyota's latest, fourth-generation hybrid electric powertrain. Inside, Toyota has succeeded in taking the Highlander upmarket with this new model.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Find Related Products (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Autocar have found the following[***]:
The Toyota Highlander is a large SUV with a 20-year history in North America and Japan. The seven-seater is similar in length to a Camry, with which it has shared its unibody underpinnings since day one. The Highlander Hybrid gets Toyota's latest, fourth-generation hybrid electric powertrain, which made its debut in the Camry.
Reviewers from Autoexpress have found the following[***]:
Highlander Excel will account for the lion's share of sales, and is priced from £50,595. Both versions of the Highlander feature a 2.5-litre petrol engine, small battery and electric motor system. The electric motors also drive the wheels when the engine is brought into play, with the petrol powerplant acting as a generator for the battery. Cabin technology includes an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment unit with navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Reviewers from Cnet have found the following[***]:
The 2020 Toyota Highlander adopts a fresh look that genuinely impresses. While previous Highlanders have felt a little flimsy to me, the 2020 model feels solid as a rock. Propulsion for all non-hybrid Highlanders comes from the same engine: a 3.5-liter V6.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The 2020 Toyota Highlander is the perfect choice for parents who wouldn't be caught dead in a minivan. The flimsy plastic trim and rubbery dashboard molding barely felt adequate for a vehicle at the Highlander's $35,720 base price. The Highlander is much happier on highways, where it provides a comfortable ride and a commanding view of the road.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is available in four trims levels. All come with a new 2.5-liter, 186-horsepower, 4-cylinder engine and twin electric motor generators. The LE starts at $38,200 for the FWD version and $39,800 for AWD.
- 1. ^ Toyota Highlander Hybrid 2020 review. Autocar. 2020-07-29. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ New Toyota Highlander 2021 review. Autoexpress. 2021-03-28. Retrieved 2021-03-31.
- 3. ^ 2020 Toyota Highlander review: Practical but posh. Cnet. 2020-04-07. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD review: Cool tech. Digitaltrends. 2020-08-12. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 5. ^ 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Review. Pcmag. 2020-07-31. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.