Sony A90J Review Rundown
The A90J is Sony's latest flagship OLED model, as well as its best TV to date. The aluminum-laminated OLED panel is only a fraction of an inch thick, though the plastic back of the TV thickens out to 1.6 inches.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Sony A90J OLED TV has been rumored to be able to hit 1300 nits in Vivid mode. Sony says the processor is so advanced that it can take every element of picture quality and cross-reference all of it at the same time. The TV is designed to accept a signal from an A/V receiver, down-convert the signal to speaker level, then amplify it through its own speakers.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The Master Series A90J is Sony's latest flagship OLED model, as well as its best TV to date. It offers advanced features including far-field microphones for hands-free Google Assistant voice control and an XR Sound system that's good enough to replace a dedicated soundbar. The 83-inch model has a third configuration that moves the feet from the edges of the TV closer to the middle.
Reviewers from Techhive have found the following[***]:
Sony's Bravia XR Master Series A90J 4K UHD OLED TV is upper crust all the way. The OLED-behind-glass design makes for a rich picture, but an almost mirror-like negative space when the TV is turned off. The operating system is the latest version of Google TV (née Android TV)
- 1. ^ Sony Bravia XR A90J 4K HDR OLED TV review: OLED advanced. Digitaltrends. 2021-03-25. Retrieved 2021-03-25.
- 2. ^ Sony Master Series XR-55A90J Review. Pcmag. 2021-03-17. Retrieved 2021-03-18.
- 3. ^ Sony Bravia XR Master Series A90J 4K UHD OLED TV review: Luscious picture quality and fantastic design. Techhive. 2021-03-12. Retrieved 2021-03-12.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.