SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless Review Rundown
The $49.99 Rival 3 Wireless stands out among basic wireless gaming mice due to a rich feature set. The mouse's upgraded sensor, incredible battery life, and multiple connection options make it a good choice for people looking to go wireless on a budget. The wireless design makes it good for traveling, but its high back might be a bit harder to slide into a laptop bag.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The $49.99 Rival 3 Wireless has an imperfect shell, but the mouse's upgraded sensor, incredible battery life, and multiple connection options make it a good choice for people looking to go wireless on a budget. SteelSeries' new TrueMove Air sensor tracks up to 18,000 DPI and is accurate at up to 400 inches per second. With both AAA batteries in place, SteelSeries claims the mouse can get up to400 hours of battery life.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless is a good wireless gaming mouse. Its ambidextrous design is best suited for a claw or fingertip grip for almost any hand size. It has a fairly wide CPI range, although the adjustment steps aren't as precise as other gaming mice. It's a decent option for fans of ultra-light gaming mice, but it's fairly heavy even when removing one battery.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless offers programmable buttons, adjustable DPI and two different wireless modes. The mouse works well for claw and fingertip grip styles, though the slimmer buttons don't offer that satisfying, tactile clickiness you might find in larger mice. For such a simple interface, the SteelSeries Engine 3 software offers surprising depth.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless has some of the hallmarks of the best wireless mouse, like excellent battery life. The mouse weighs between 3.38 and 3.73 ounces, depending on if you opt to use one AAA battery or two. The new sensor has a CPI range from 100 to 18,000 that feels like every other modern sensor.
- 1. ^ SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless Gaming Mouse Review. Pcmag. 2020-11-11. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless Mouse Review. Rtings. 2020-10-27. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Steelseries Rival 3 Wireless review. Tomsguide. 2020-10-30. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless Review: Budget Quality. Tomshardware. 2020-11-04. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.