Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 Review Rundown
Samsung Electronics | Published on 23 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 01 Apr 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
The QLED panel of the Galaxy Chromebook 2 is able to produce over a billion colors. Touch-enabled, it can also be used with a digitizer, which truly leverages the device's convertible form factor and well as the display's over 4000 levels of pressure sensitivity.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Galaxy Chromebook 2 hits a sweet spot for Chromebooks in terms of price at $550. It's a far more palatable price than the $999 of the original Galaxy Chromebook. The original Samsung Galaxy Chromebook had an OLED 4K screen. Google's Pixelbook Go is the main alternative to the Samsung Chromebook 2.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 is coming Q1 2021 and will start at $549. That starting price will net you a very Chromebook-y configuration of an Intel Celeron 5205U, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of eMMC storage. If you do want more horsepower, you can bump that price up to $699 to get a 10th-gen Intel Core i3, 8GB of memory and 128GB of storage. At $699 at the top-end, the value of the Samsung Galaxy Chrome 2 has entirely shifted.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
Last year's Samsung Galaxy Chromebook couldn't even make it five hours on a charge. The Galaxy Chromebook 2 isn't so much a sequel to the Galaxy Chromebook as it is a more affordable alternative. The Chromebook 2 is missing some of the snazzier features you'll see on more expensive devices.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
Samsung's new Galaxy Chromebook 2 offers the streamlined computing of Chrome OS in a sturdy, lightweight chassis. Starting at $550, you get a bright and colorful QLED display, a sleek design and longer battery life. Gone are some of the original's outstanding features, like a 4K AMOLED screen and a built-in stylus.
- 1. ^ Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 review: Less fun for a better price. Digitaltrends. 2021-03-01. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ Hands on: Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 review. Techradar. 2021-01-07. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 review: premium in the right ways. Theverge. 2021-03-01. Retrieved 2021-04-01.
- 4. ^ Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 review: The Chromebook you really want. Tomsguide. 2021-03-22. Retrieved 2021-03-23.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.