Lenovo ThinkPad X13 AMD Review Rundown
Lenovo | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 06 May 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 with AMD is an ultra-portable business laptop that is the descendant of the original ThinkPad X-series. In 2020, it is thinner and lighter than ever while boasting long-lasting all-day battery performances. The 3rd-gen AMD Ryzen PRO processors offer improved performance over their Intel counterparts while offering enhanced security and AMD's PRO manageability.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The ThinkPad X13 is one of the most affordable business laptops. A powerful AMD CPU gives it a performance advantage over competing laptops. The laptop's chinky bezels make it appear outdated and a detective could ID me using the fingerprints I've left on the lid. The keyboard is fantastic and the battery life is above average.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 uses a 13.3-inch screen instead of a 12-inch panel like many past X-series ThinkPads. There are three AMD Renoir CPUs available in the ThinkPadX13 Gen1. The AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U is the strongest processor of the Ryzen Pro series for business laptops. The battery capacity remains better in true ThinkPad models.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The ThinkPad X13 is a 13.3-inch model available with either Intel or AMD CPU silicon. The X13's six-core Ryzen 5 Pro 4650U processor gives it impressive performance. Its keyboard and construction quality are up to ThinkPad standards, i.e., faultless.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The Lenovo ThinkPad X13 is a semi-customizable, somewhat rugged business-focused machine. It's light for a business laptop, weighing a mere 2.8 pounds. It runs on a six-core 2.1GHz Ryzen 5 Pro 4650U CPU with 8GB of RAM and proved fast and capable.
Reviewers from Tomshardware have found the following[***]:
The ThinkPad X13 has a 13.3 inch FHD IPS screen that doesn't live up to the color accuracy and brightness that IPS is known for. Lenovo's laptop was closer to average on our file transfer benchmark, where we measure how long it takes computers to transfer 4.97GB of files. On our benchmark, which continuously streams, browses and runs over Wi-Fi at 150 nits of brightness, the X13 held on for 7 hours.
- 1. ^ Lenovo ThinkPad X13 (AMD) review. Laptopmag. 2020-09-13. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 review: With AMD Renoir the fastest 13-inch ThinkPad laptop. Notebookcheck. 2020-08-18. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Lenovo ThinkPad X13 (AMD) Review. Pcmag. 2020-10-02. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 4. ^ Lenovo ThinkPad X13 (AMD) review. Tomsguide. 2021-05-05. Retrieved 2021-05-06.
- 5. ^ Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 (AMD) Review: Slim Ryzen for the Office. Tomshardware. 2020-09-21. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.