AORUS 17G (2020) Review Rundown
Gigabyte AORUS 17G is a 17.3-inch ultra-premium, ultra-portable gaming laptop that features mechanical keyboard, up to 300Hz IPS display with 72% NTSC wide gamut, 10th-gen Intel Core i9-10980HK processor, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER graphics --- all in a chassis merely 1-inch in thickness.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Gizmodo have found the following[***]:
Gigabyte's Aorus 17G is one the first laptops with Intel and Nvidia's newest mobile parts. The low-profile, mechanical keyboard is tactile and clicky, and yet quieter than a desktop keyboard with similar blue switches. Image quality on the webcam might suck, but Gigabyte has packed in an impressive display. The display resolution is limited to 1080p instead of 4K or 1440p.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Aorus 17G comes with an octa-core Intel Core i7-10875H. Different models feature different graphics cards, but the overall choice is limited to a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, a GeForce RTX 2060, or a GeForce 2070 Super Max-Q. Gigabyte is especially proud of the mechanical keyboard. The 240-Hz screen improves the user experience not only when gaming but also in many other situations.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The Gigabyte Aorus 17G is the first gaming laptop with the latest Intel Comet Lake-H processors. The Intel Core i7-10875H is one of the most powerful laptop chips on the market right now. There's no game that won't run like a dream on the 240Hz 1080p display. It is a very clean design, but the large vents at the top of the keyboard interrupted by the huge power button look a little awkward.
- 1. ^ Gigabyte’s New Aorus 17G Proves Thermals Matter More Than Ever in a Laptop. Gizmodo. 2020-05-11. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 2. ^ Aorus 17G XB Laptop Review: The mechanical keyboard rocks. Notebookcheck. 2020-05-18. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- 3. ^ Gigabyte Aorus 17G review. Techradar. 2020-04-24. Retrieved 2021-03-07.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.