SteelSeries Apex 5 Review Rundown
SteelSeries Apex 5 is part of a new breed of hybrid mechanical keyboards on the market. Like earlier SteelSeries keyboards, the Apex has a strong, snappy feel, though the keys need a little more force than others made in a similar style. Typing on this keyboard feels good and shouldn't be fatiguing, and you can reprogram or set macros to any key.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The SteelSeries Apex 5 offers everything you could possibly want from a good gaming keyboard and then some. It features a durable, minimalist design with customizable RGB lighting underneath clicky mechanical keys. However, the Apex 5 comes with a non-detachable cable, which is frustrating for gamers on the go.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The $99.99 Apex 5 is a per-key RGB backlit keyboard with a "hybrid mechanical" switch. It feels and sounds like a mechanical keyboard, but uses the membrane actuation found in budget and laptop boards. Like earlier SteelSeries keyboards, the Apex has a strong, snappy feel.
Reviewers from Rtings have found the following[***]:
The SteelSeries Apex 5 is an exceptional gaming keyboard with great features and proprietary hybrid mechanical switches. The keys are easy to press and the hybrid switches react very quickly, but the absence of dedicated macro keys may be disappointing for some MMO players. The keyboard has an excellent build quality that feels durable and the RGB backlighting is great for dark room gaming.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The SteelSeries Apex 5 combines springy mechanical switches with a membrane design. It's not all that much cheaper than a fully mechanical keyboard, and the comfort and performance aren't drastically different from anything else in its price range. The software lets you reprogram each key, and its multimedia button is a clever alternative to a full suite of media keys.
- 1. ^ SteelSeries Apex 5 review. Laptopmag. 29 April 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ SteelSeries Apex 5 Review. Pcmag. 10 February 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ SteelSeries Apex 5 Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Keyboard Review. Rtings. 14 February 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ SteelSeries Apex 5 review. Tomsguide. 06 February 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.