Microsoft Surface Book 3 13.5 Review Rundown
Microsoft Surface Book 3 is a performance leader among 13-inch laptops. Compared to the larger 15-inch model, the Surface Book 3 13.5 can be purchased without the discrete GPU and is available with a lower maximum storage capacity. For those who plan on gaming on the device, the 13.5-inch model unfortunately loses the Xbox Wireless built-in found in the larger model.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Cnet have found the following[***]:
The Microsoft Surface Book 3 combines the full power of a laptop with the detachable portability of a tablet. It's an excellent clamshell laptop, with a particularly comfortable keyboard and a beautiful display. Still, as good as a laptop as it is, it's prohibitively expensive for those of you who are simply looking for a laptop.
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The Surface Book 3 has an IPS display in the productivity-friendly 3:2 aspect ratio and a high 3,000 x 2,000 resolution. The laptop isn't quite as fast as some other laptops with similar GPUs, though most of those are larger 15-inch laptops. In our real-world Handbrake test that encoded a 420MB video as H.265, the Surface Book3 finished in a second over 3 minutes.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
In our test configuration with an Intel Core i7-1065G7, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q and 512 GB SSD, the Surface Book 3 13.5 costs around 2,650 Euros (~$2,973) Microsoft offers a 12-month warranty period to buyers of the Surface Books.
Reviewers from Theverge have found the following[***]:
The 13.5-inch Surface Book 3 looks and feels identical to the Book 2 in all but a few small ways. The Book 3 is not powerful enough to catapult the Book 3 into gaming laptop territory. You have a lot more room on the Surface Book's screen to swap between multiple apps and tabs.
- 1. ^ Microsoft Surface Book 3 13.5 review: A bold but ageing beauty. Cnet. 23 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Microsoft Surface Book 3 (13-inch) review: A portable powerhouse. Digitaltrends. 17 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Surface Book 3 13.5 review: Microsoft convertible is slowly getting old. Notebookcheck. 27 June 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Microsoft’s 13.5-inch Surface Book 3 puts modern guts in a dated design. Theverge. 27 May 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.