ROG Strix SCAR / Hero III 17 G731 Review Rundown
ASUS | Published on 22 Mar 2021 | Last Edited on 24 Mar 2021 | Written by Dr Jiulin Teng w/ Neosummarizer
Asus ROG Strix Scar III is one of the most powerful gaming laptops on the market right now. It has the fastest raw CPU performance of any laptop we've ever tested and enough 3D power to handle any Triple-A gaming title you care to think of. The touchpad on the Scar III also doubles up as a digital numeric keypad.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Expertreviews have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Strix Scar III has a 15.6in FHD IPS display with a refresh rate of 240Hz. It's backed up by an enormous amount of gaming power, thanks to a 9th-generation octa-core Intel Core i9-9880H CPU. A 17.3in model is available too, but the larger screen is limited to a 144Hz refresh rate – which, to be fair, has until very recently been the industry standard for gaming laptops.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Strix Scar III costs $1,799 and comes with an Intel Core i7-9750H CPU, 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. The 15.6-inch, 1920 x 1080 display is decently bright and colorful. The right side sports the ROG Keystone, which is a magnetic, encrypted key.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The Asus G731GW packs some of the latest and greatest tech from Intel and Nvidia. The machine is well-suited to gaming with maximum details at 1440p. The number keys on the right side are noticeably smaller than the main keyboard. The panel is lightning fast and has quicker response times than other gaming laptops.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The Asus ROG Strix Scar III G731GU has a mid-market price of £1399 in the UK. Its 17.3in screen should ensure immersive gaming. It has a 1080p panel with a 144Hz refresh rate, but without syncing. This laptop's mobile version has 1536 stream processors and 6GB of memory. Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti is a good graphics card.
- 1. ^ Asus ROG Strix Scar III review: Gaming greatness at 240Hz. Expertreviews. 02 July 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ Asus ROG Strix Scar III review. Laptopmag. 24 January 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ Asus ROG Strix Hero III G731GW Review - a colorful laptop with compromises. Notebookcheck. 29 July 2019. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ Asus ROG Strix Scar III (G731GU) Review. Trustedreviews. 11 March 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.