OnePlus 8T Review Rundown
OnePlus 8T is OnePlus's late-2020 flagship smartphone powered by Snapdragon 865 chipset. It shares much of the same features of the OnePlus 8, sharing with it not only the same chipset but also the 6.55-inch OLED display and LPDDR4x memory setup.
This rundown provides our analysis on 8 third-party reviews. The sentiment scores, summaries, and key takeaways that we select are based on these reviews and may differ from the original publication.
Price Comparison (incl. referral links)
Reviewers from Digitaltrends have found the following[***]:
The OnePlus 8T has a 6.55-inch, 120Hz refresh rate Fluid AMOLED screen. It has a 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution and a 20:9 aspect ratio. Warp Charge 65T is a proprietary superfast charging technology that will stop you worrying about putting the phone on charge overnight. The phone will be available starting October 23, with pre-orders beginning on October 14.
Reviewers from Laptopmag have found the following[***]:
The $749 device is in a more crowded market segment this year with competition coming from Apple, Samsung and Google. The OnePlus 8T gets the nearly top-of-the-line Snapdragon 865 chip, bested only by the 865+ on the Android side. The battery life and charging situation with the 8T is one of the most interesting aspects of the device.
Reviewers from Nextpit have found the following[***]:
The OnePlus 8T features a 6.55-inch AMOLED Flat Panel Display in Full HD+ resolution with a 120 Hz refresh rate and a punch-hole located in the top left corner for the selfie camera. It will be available from 20 October at a price point of €599 ($704) for the 8GB/ 128GB version and €699 ($821) for 12GB/ 256GB version.
Reviewers from Notebookcheck have found the following[***]:
The OnePlus 8T is one of the first smartphones that is delivered with Android 11 ex-works. The AMOLED display offers an expanded FullHD resolution which is fully sufficient to guarantee a sharp display. The image quality of the camera is good, although it lacks sharpness of detail. The 4G frequency coverage is very good once again, which means that you should be able to use the phone even when travelling in other countries.
Reviewers from Pcmag have found the following[***]:
The 8T has excellent network performance on T-Mobile and some unique features like super-speedy 65W charging. It doesn't deliver more value than the $699 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. The 8T is the first phone I've tested with Android 11 (my colleague Steven Winkelman is testing Google's Pixel 5)
Reviewers from Pcworld have found the following[***]:
The OnePlus 8T is one of the few Android phones that feels like it was designed inside and out with a purpose. The bendable chip-on-panel OLED allows the top and bottom bezels to be symmetrical, which makes a subtle but meaningful difference. It's not quite as uniform as the iPhone 11, but it's very close.
Reviewers from Phonearena have found the following[***]:
The new 8T is a bit cheaper than the company's flagship, the Pro that it released in April. It's a strange middle ground: the 8T does have the 120 Hertz fast refresh rate from the flagship, but it doesn't have the flagship camera system. It also comes with a flat screen, while the 8 and the 8 Pro both feature curved displays.
Reviewers from Techadvisor have found the following[***]:
The OnePlus 8T is the first phone to ship with a new version of the company's Oxygen OS, running on top of Android 11. New animations and designs can be found throughout the OS, with a particular focus on improving one-handed use. You get the option to set an always-on display that highlights your phone usage throughout the day, one that algorithmically generates line-drawing versions of photos from your image library, and another that shows off your animated Bitmoji avatar. As always with OnePlus, you're promised two years of software updates and a third year of security patches, so the phone should last if you need it to.
Reviewers from Techradar have found the following[***]:
The OnePlus 8T lacks a headline feature or spec upgrade that makes it really stand out compared to its 8-series siblings. The new phone features the same processor and much of the same tech that we saw in the OnePlus 8. A larger battery, tweaked camera setup and improved screen tech ensure that there's enough new here to satisfy those looking for the best OnePlus has to offer.
Reviewers from Tomsguide have found the following[***]:
The OnePlus 8T is aiming to be the flagship-killer phone OnePlus made its name creating. It takes the 48MP main and 16MP ultra wide-angle cameras of the OnePlus 8 and adds in a 5MP macro camera and 2MP monochrome camera. At 1080p the display isn't as sharp as other phones with 6.5-inch displays and above. The lack of a Snapdragon 865 Plus might be a disappointment for some diehard fans, but that doesn't mean the 8T isn't one of the fastest phones around.
Reviewers from Trustedreviews have found the following[***]:
The OnePlus 8T is the sort of phone the brand should be making. After a few years of split loyalties between a standard and Pro version, the 8T stands alone and does a good job at satisfying both audiences. There's a main 48MP Sony IMX586 with OIS and an f/1.7 aperture; a 16MP ultra wide; a 5MP macro for close-up shots and a 2MP monochrome lens.
- 1. ^ OnePlus 8T Review: One of the best phones you shouldn’t buy. Digitaltrends. 14 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 2. ^ OnePlus 8T review. Laptopmag. 07 November 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 3. ^ OnePlus 8T hands-on: Crossing all the T's?. Nextpit. 14 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 4. ^ OnePlus 8T Smartphone Review – Faster charging for less money. Notebookcheck. 22 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 5. ^ OnePlus 8T Review. Pcmag. 14 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 6. ^ OnePlus 8T review in progress: Return to a winning formula. Pcworld. 15 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 7. ^ OnePlus 8T Review: a revolution in charging. Phonearena. 22 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 8. ^ OnePlus 8T review. Techadvisor. 23 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 9. ^ OnePlus 8T review. Techradar. 20 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 10. ^ OnePlus 8T review. Tomsguide. 03 February 2021. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- 11. ^ OnePlus 8T Review. Trustedreviews. 14 October 2020. Retrieved 07 March 2021.
- *. Neoscore is our sentiment analyzer based on natural language processing (NLP). Scaled in the range of 0 to 100, Neoscore eliminates scoring biases from each publisher; it likely differs from the publisher's own rating, if available, as a result.
- **. Neoanalyzer is our summarizer based on NLP. It identifies key takeaways from each third-party review. The takeaways that it produces likely differ from the publisher's own bullets points, if available, as a result.
- ***. Neosummarizer is based on NLP. It extracts summaries from third-party reviews. It likely that these summaries differ from the publisher's own, if available.